PDA

View Full Version : RD Ti 80 vs MP-1 98

TCTEN
03-22-2004, 03:45 PM
Hey all you Yonex gurus out there. What is the difference between these (if any)? I'm considering buying one of them but perhaps I should just try out the new RDX Midplus. Any opinions will be appreciated. BTW, I am a
serve and volley doubles player.

swilburn
03-22-2004, 04:20 PM
I have the mp tour1 98 and have demoed the ti 80. I feel the tour1 had more power. I liked the ti 80's feel and control but it's not powerful enought for my game. I feel it's worth a demo, might be good for a serve and volley.

bcaz
03-22-2004, 09:11 PM
I demoed both of them last year. I liked the Ti-80 better than the MP-1 98. I felt it would swing a bit lighter, in spite of slightly higher static weight, it volleyed much better, produced more spin on groundstrokes, and served a little better than the MP-1 98. I like the MP-1 90 better than the 98 in most categories. What I disliked about the Ti-80 was the hollow, tinny feel. I only demoed it for a week, hit/played with it perhaps 4-5 hours total. I ended up thinking my wrist didn't like the racquet all that much.

@wright
03-23-2004, 07:32 AM
I've tried both. The MP-1 is a little more solid feeling and much more powerful with a higher swingweight. The 80 hits nicely, but the stringbed seems a little pingy and inconsistent. The stringbed on the MP-1 98 is inconsistent too. I think I would probably like the MP 1 90 much better, but didn't try it.