PDA

View Full Version : Racket Custimization question for Thomas Martinez

Pistol Pete
12-27-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi Thomas happy holidays. Quick question for you. I have been weighing my tour 90s and trying to make them all the same weight and balance. I have done that using a post scale and a balance board. To make them all the same some needer lead in throat just to keep the balance and bring the weight up and some needed weight in the head. So out of my 11 sticks some have lead in the throat some don't.
Before I weighed and balanced them I took my favorite stick which weighed in at 13.1 strung and balance was 32 cm. I took lead put it in the handle and at head 3 and 9 o'clock took the leather off added cushion sponge.
My question is that i have some of the tour 90s with lead in the throat some more lead in the head they all have the same weight and balance but will the lead in throat make them swing different? I mean the weight and balance is the same but will they play pretty close to the same?

max200G
12-27-2004, 12:17 PM
If this question is exclusive to Thomas then please disregard this post.
Even if all of your racquets are the same weight and balance
the third and very important element is the inertia or the swing
weight. This can be achieved on a Babolat RDC machine

thomas martinez
12-27-2004, 12:39 PM
Thank you for responding for me. Hit the nail on the head.

Pistol Pete
12-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Well I was unsure if other people would know. Where do I find a babolat RDC machine?
Also for anyone and thomas would they play the same or no, that is without the babolat RDC machine. I mean am I better off leaving the sticks the way they were before or should I leave them weighted and balanced the same if I can not get ahold of a babolat RDC machine?
I have never heard of this RDC machine

Pistol Pete
12-27-2004, 12:57 PM
Does anyone have any RDC machine....do you thomas? If so could I send you my sticks so I can get them identical. I live in NY. I play D3 tennis Iam 10 in the country which is not bad. Iam home for the break and just want to get my sticks the same thats all.

Steve Huff
12-27-2004, 02:05 PM
I don't have an RDC machine, but you can get close by trial and error. By weighing and comparing each racket to your favorite, you know how much weight to add. So, you've probably already added the amount needed to bring the weight up to specs. But, as you said, some of the rackets have weight in the throat, and these seem to be the ones that don't hit the same. Instead of putting it in the throat, you need to divide the weight between the head and handle. You can achieve the same balance point this way, and still get the added benefit of having a little extra weight in the head. The RDC machine would certainly make the process easier and more accurate, but as a first step, I'd take all the rackets that have weight added in the throat and split the weight toward the head and handle.

NoBadMojo
12-27-2004, 02:15 PM
the goal is to get them to 'feel' the same to you....as long as they feel the same to you, you're in, regardless of the weight and balance or the rdc swingweight results. you prob are not going to be able to feel the difference in 2 or 3 swingweight points.....i would choose the ones that feel just like your fav bat, not mess with those, and then start playing around w. lead in your others. most people are more sensitive to balance and swingweight, then they are to static weight in my estimation. hopefully you havent chosen one of your lighter swingweight or most headlight ones as your fav. i have no idea how tight the specs of tour90's are.

Pistol Pete
12-27-2004, 05:02 PM
First I want to say thanks for everyone and their advice. Thats really great of you guys. I guess I got to start messing around and see what I can do. I wish I could get them real accurate. I got the weight and balance down, however some of them feel alittle different. So I should instead of throwing the lead in the throat put it in the handle. I put the lead in the throat for the ones with the same balance just different weight. So how hard will it be to get the same balance by adding the lead in the head and handle?

The sad part is Wilson is my sponsor yet the sticks they send me are still alittle off. Even the ones from the pro room are a tad off.

THE ANIMAL
12-27-2004, 08:09 PM
Hi Pete these guys should be able to help but it wont be cheap if you are taking tennis that important and you are sponsored by Wilson then I would certainly suggest getting them all matched up perfectly. You might even have to get some more rackets because there might be some that you wont be able to change the swing weight to match the one you like if the swing weight is too heavy and it has same balance and weight.

tel no 212.755.5297

and they are in New York