PDA

View Full Version : Clijsters has baby girl

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
02-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Retired tennis player Kim Clijsters gives birth to daughter

BRUSSELS, Belgium (AP)—Former U.S. Open champion Kim Clijsters gave birth to a daughter on Wednesday, nine months after retiring from tennis.

Clijsters and her husband, American basketball player Brian Lynch, named the baby Jada.

“The parents and the baby are in great shape,” spokesman Jeroen Jespers said.

The 24-year-old Clijsters retired in May, saying a string of injuries had led to fatigue, a lack of motivation and a decline in play. She said she wanted to focus on a new life with Lynch, who plays in the Belgian league.

Clijsters was Belgium’s first tennis player to reach the No. 1 ranking, holding it for 19 weeks in 2003.

She won her only Grand Slam title at the 2005 U.S. Open, but Clijsters also won the 2002 and 2003 WTA Championships as part of her 34 career singles titles.

According to Clijsters’ Web site, the baby, born at a hospital in Tongeren, weighed 6.69 pounds.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=ap-clijsters-baby&prov=ap&type=lgns

10s talk
02-27-2008, 02:44 PM
former player :confused:

What is she 26 ?

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
02-27-2008, 02:46 PM
She did retire last year, so I think that qualifys her for the "Former Pro" section. :)

pound cat
02-27-2008, 02:50 PM
former player :confused:

What is she 26 ?

The article says 24

ilovecarlos
02-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Oh thanks so much for the great news! Kim is a class act...so glad she got away from Lleyton Hewitt. I hope she has a wonderful life. I understand that she was one of the nicest players on the tour and loves children. Congratulations Kim!

Cup8489
02-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Oh thanks so much for the great news! Kim is a class act...so glad she got away from Lleyton Hewitt. I hope she has a wonderful life. I understand that she was one of the nicest players on the tour and loves children. Congratulations Kim!

what's the big deal with hewitt...he has a wife and a daughter (i think? pretty sure it's a girl)

so what's wrong with him? i mean, that wouldve been a wierd matchup, plus Bec is so much hotter....but whatever.

JZImmer123
02-27-2008, 03:23 PM
I wonder if she is going to try a comeback like Linsday Davenport did.

racquet_jedi
02-27-2008, 03:30 PM
I wonder if she is going to try a comeback like Linsday Davenport did.

I think she'll attempt one in a few years, in my opinion...

cujays
02-27-2008, 04:00 PM
I think she'll attempt one in a few years, in my opinion...

i reall dont think so
she was a good player but i dont think she will
she doesnt have the motivation

jaggy
02-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Congratualtions to her.

Topaz
02-27-2008, 06:56 PM
what's the big deal with hewitt...he has a wife and a daughter (i think? pretty sure it's a girl)

so what's wrong with him? i mean, that wouldve been a wierd matchup, plus Bec is so much hotter....but whatever.

Uhhh, Hewitt and Clijsters were engaged for a good long time.

robkat
02-27-2008, 07:18 PM

She was one of the nicest players that was on the women's tour. I saw one of her matches at the US Open a few years ago. She was playing on the grandstand. After she won her match, she stayed on court and signed every autograph she could until, the officials forced her off the court because the next match was starting. She was still on court while the other players were warming up for their match. After witnessing that she became one of my favorites on the WTA Tour.

boredone3456
02-27-2008, 08:26 PM
She was one of the nicest players that was on the women's tour. I saw one of her matches at the US Open a few years ago. She was playing on the grandstand. After she won her match, she stayed on court and signed every autograph she could until, the officials forced her off the court because the next match was starting. She was still on court while the other players were warming up for their match. After witnessing that she became one of my favorites on the WTA Tour.

I gotta agree. She was a true player, enjoyed the sport, and loved and appreciated every fan who took the time to watch her play. she respected every player and always had a smile on her face. I wish her all the best with her baby, as I am sure with her kind nature, her child will grow up to be amazing.

quest01
02-27-2008, 11:44 PM
A future top 10 tennis player is born.

slice bh compliment
02-27-2008, 11:54 PM
A future top 10 tennis player is born.

Congrats to Kimmy and Brian! Tough pregnancy -- evidently labor was a long one 'cause the fetus was doing the splits in there for the last 7 hours.

Thanks to her dad's genes, baby Jada will be Uncle Lleyton's height by age 12.
Would've been funny if Brian and Kim had named her Jaslyn instead of Jada.

ericsson
02-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Here in Belgium there are mixed emotions, very good news for her but on the other hand her dad is really sick, (cancer?)
She always had a great bond with her dad, he meant everything for her.

slice bh compliment
02-28-2008, 12:27 AM
^Leo, Kim's dad, that is.^

Very sorry.

ericsson
02-28-2008, 06:46 AM
^Leo, Kim's dad, that is.^

Very sorry.

Lei Clijsters, only 51 and very ill, but nothing is certain yet, they are doing some test and its too early to say what is wrong. Very good soccer player way back.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9976/578a499f138c4c26952cf72no8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

SteveI
02-28-2008, 07:52 AM

She is indeed a class act.

Steve

madmanfool
02-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Last i heared about Lei Clijsters he gave up the treatment. Which means he basically doesn't have long to live. He already had cancer once before in his life, but this time it's worse.
http://www.standaard.be/assets/images_upload/2008/02/28/Jadaweek.jpg

Rickson
02-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Retired tennis player Kim Clijsters gives birth to daughter

BRUSSELS, Belgium (AP)—Former U.S. Open champion Kim Clijsters gave birth to a daughter on Wednesday, nine months after retiring from tennis.

Clijsters and her husband, American basketball player Brian Lynch, named the baby Jada.

Will Smith is the daddy?

ilovecarlos
02-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Lei Clijsters, only 51 and very ill, but nothing is certain yet, they are doing some test and its too early to say what is wrong. Very good soccer player way back.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9976/578a499f138c4c26952cf72no8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Oh no! I didn't know about Kim's Dad.....I'm so sorry....what a horrible thing to deal with. Best wishes to them all:cry:

ilovecarlos
02-28-2008, 10:45 AM

What happened was Kim and Lleyton were together for quite a long time and were engaged to be married in February 2 years ago I believe. In November the engagement was broken and he was engaged to Bec before the month he was due to marry Kim. Sorry.....but that makes him a giant dirt bag in my book....that's my opinion..and I'm entitled to it...feel free to blast away

gonzo2000
02-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Congratulations!!! She's always had her priorities straight.

slice bh compliment
02-28-2008, 01:46 PM
What happened was Kim and Lleyton were together for quite a long time and were engaged to be married in February of last year I believe. In November the engagement was broken and he was engaged to Bec before the month he was due to marry Kim. Sorry.....but that makes him a giant dirt bag in my book....that's my opinion..and I'm entitled to it...feel free to blast away

ILC, LOL, you're not going to get a lot of ''Lleyton is NOT a dirtbag'' sort of hate mail. You're just not, unless his entourage is reading in here.

Elina
02-29-2008, 02:25 AM
Congrats to Kim, Brian & Jada! :)

ilovecarlos
03-03-2008, 10:00 AM
ILC, LOL, you're not going to get a lot of ''Lleyton is NOT a dirtbag'' sort of hate mail. You're just not, unless his entourage is reading in here.

Thanks Slice...I know you'd step in and defend my honor if there was, right;)

slice bh compliment
03-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks Slice...I know you'd step in and defend my honor if there was, right;)

I'm with you, kid.

saram
03-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Great info and thread: just hate to see it in the 'former player' section. I miss her on tour.

hewittfan3
03-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Great info and thread: just hate to see it in the 'former player' section. I miss her on tour.

I totally agree. She was by far my favorite womens player. She played with so much enthusiasm and effort. I loved how she could get to anything and everything and that slide where she would practically do the splits. Hopefully her daughter can get out there and relive what kim has done

Buchhalter
03-04-2008, 08:57 AM
C'mon mate, keep talking trash and I will send my brother to beat you up!! Oops, I mean sister. Sorry Joslyn... L Hewitt

ilovecarlos
03-06-2008, 02:14 PM
C'mon mate, keep talking trash and I will send my brother to beat you up!! Oops, I mean sister. Sorry Joslyn... L Hewitt

Hahaha.....I'm sooooo scared.....am standing behind Slice just shaking................NOT.....come on;)