PDA

View Full Version : Marcelo Rios starts his training thinking in Sampras

peluzon
02-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Marcelo Rios was training hard this morning (February 28 ) , for the match versus Pete Sampras in Chile (May 18 ).

Pobre gringuito va a perder

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1004/riosmm1.jpg

drakulie
02-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Marcelo Rios was training hard this morning (February 28 ) , for the match versus Pete Sampras in Chile (May 18 ).

Pobre gringuito va a perder

Here we go again with the insults. Rios should be training to play on the ATP tour since he didn't do much when he was on the tour.

Mad iX
02-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Rios will win in his hometown. That's how it goes with exhibitions.

I always wanted one of those Yonex's ...

Rabbit
02-28-2008, 03:47 PM
On another note, what is that Rios is swinging?

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
02-28-2008, 03:51 PM
What surface will they be playing on in May? :confused:

ericsson
02-29-2008, 12:05 AM
On another note, what is that Rios is swinging?

Still his old Rd-7 with lux alu power.

classic tennis
02-29-2008, 01:52 AM
I think Rios may get him, he demolished the field in Hong Kong a couple of years ago in a Seniors event & that's why he probably doesn't make too many outings on that, but it should be a good match if they both have a go.

ericsson
02-29-2008, 02:07 AM
I think Rios may get him, he demolished the field in Hong Kong a couple of years ago in a Seniors event & that's why he probably doesn't make too many outings on that, but it should be a good match if they both have a go.

What is the surface, clay? in that case pete will have a tough day IMO :-)

classic tennis
02-29-2008, 02:09 AM
As far as I know it's on the dirt !

auzzieizm
02-29-2008, 04:00 AM
Rios had the same impact on the other seniors tour two years ago that Sampras had on whatever seniors tour he played on last year. Both rarely lost. I am curious to see how this (exo) match turns out- esp since it is on clay. On a side note, Rios looks a lot more ripped than he did during his playing days. WHY! couldn't he have been that dedicated before?

peluzon
02-29-2008, 04:40 AM
What is the surface, clay? in that case pete will have a tough day IMO :-)

Im not sure about that ,,, it will be a bad idea play in clay for the show, because Pete doesnt play his best tennis in clay ,,, but Rios can play well in both surface ,,, i think that they will play at the same court that Rios played with Agassi the last year in Santiago de Chile.

Click in the picture to download the highlights Rios - Agassi in Stgo Chile

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7096/untitledup8.jpg (http://rapidshare.com/files/91335401/Rios_-_Agassi_Arena_Santiago_2007.wmv.html)

ericsson
02-29-2008, 05:02 AM
Yea i already saw that, nice to see two of the best players hit some nice winners there. Wish i was there.

Peluzon, who are those two chicks sitting in the seats in Rios his pic? :p

donnygg
02-29-2008, 05:42 AM
Still his old Rd-7 with lux alu power.

So that's RD-7 with Ultimum Rd Ti-50 pj?

ericsson
02-29-2008, 06:14 AM
So that's RD-7 with Ultimum Rd Ti-50 pj?

yep, that's it, probably still some stock he has left.

he tried other rackets but couldnt find that feel of the rd-7 which is extremely flexible, i have a pic where he tested out the Volkl dnx 10.

peluzon
02-29-2008, 07:02 AM
jajaaj i dont know ericsson ,, come to chile and we can find a lot of those

----------------------------

Im using the Yonex RD Power 10 Long

I have 2 head size 95 to play single

And one head size 110 to play doubles

The same that Rios used in 1998 ,, amazing tennis raquet , full control

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8895/riosnumero12fj4dz.jpg

blackfrido
02-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Peluzon nos tenes cansados con Rios!!!!
no tenes otra cosa que hacer que hablar de Rios?
Are you in love with Rios?

peluzon
02-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Hay como 1000 post de otros tenistas ,,,,, yo quiero hablar de Rios ,, si no quieres saber de Rios , no entres a mis post

!Tym
02-29-2008, 10:19 AM
jajaaj i dont know ericsson ,, come to chile and we can find a lot of those

----------------------------

Im using the Yonex RD Power 10 Long

I have 2 head size 95 to play single

And one head size 110 to play doubles

The same that Rios used in 1998 ,, amazing tennis raquet , full control

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8895/riosnumero12fj4dz.jpg

Actually, I think Thomas Martinez...TW's very own stringer to the stars...has confirmed that Rios never actually used the RD Power 10, but rather a Yonex RD-7 with an extended length handle.

The RD Power 10 was still a great racket though...bit sluggish and stiff though for me. The RD Power 7 I think was a better racket, a little more control and comfort due to the added flex.

peluzon
02-29-2008, 10:44 AM
i dont even know that RD power 7 exists ,,, i will found about it ,, thank you man ;)

scotus
02-29-2008, 11:28 AM
If in fact they are playing on clay, this would turn out to be a way to gauge Sampras' theory that had he gone with a bigger racquet he might have had a better chance at winning the French Open.

Well, Pete. Now you've got a bigger stick and better strings. Bring it on!

matchmaker
02-29-2008, 03:02 PM
yep, that's it, probably still some stock he has left.

he tried other rackets but couldnt find that feel of the rd-7 which is extremely flexible, i have a pic where he tested out the Volkl dnx 10.

Wow, could you post that pic?

BTW I think the Volkl VE Tour 10 should have suited him better if he wanted a flexible feel.

superman1
02-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Im not sure about that ,,, it will be a bad idea play in clay for the show, because Pete doesnt play his best tennis in clay ,,, but Rios can play well in both surface ,,, i think that they will play at the same court that Rios played with Agassi the last year in Santiago de Chile.

Click in the picture to download the highlights Rios - Agassi in Stgo Chile

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7096/untitledup8.jpg (http://rapidshare.com/files/91335401/Rios_-_Agassi_Arena_Santiago_2007.wmv.html)

As soon as I saw the point where Agassi had a sitter at the service line and he lightly gave it down-the-line right to Rios, a ball that 100 times out of 100 times on tour he would have crushed crosscourt for a winner, I knew that this match was completely fixed. Agassi wasn't hitting the ball at all.

If Sampras plays Rios, I doubt it'll be quite as fixed...I think Sampras has a little more ego than Agassi and would want people to see his best stuff.

slice bh compliment
02-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Pete and Rios? Two of the smoothest brothas to ever hit a tennis court.
I know it's just an exo, but I'd love to see a dvd of this match.

baseliner87
02-29-2008, 11:09 PM
rios is gay never achieved what he shoul've achieved......no one cares about him, and hes always done stupid things

ericsson
03-01-2008, 12:14 AM
rios is gay never achieved what he shoul've achieved......no one cares about him, and hes always done stupid things

Well, that's just your opinion, there are others enough here who think he's something special. And for me it's not always about winning, it's about seeing something more then usual, only a few can do that...

ericsson
03-01-2008, 12:15 AM
I know it's just an exo, but I'd love to see a dvd of this match.

Well said, i agree fullt time! :p

ericsson
03-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Wow, could you post that pic?

BTW I think the Volkl VE Tour 10 should have suited him better if he wanted a flexible feel.

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/6840/41501820riosgetty203ag6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Shaolin
03-01-2008, 09:11 AM
he didn't do much when he was on the tour.

Except reach world #1

Shaolin
03-01-2008, 09:19 AM

Quoted for truth. Sampras and Rios, my 2 favorite players ever. 3rd being Fed.

matchmaker
03-02-2008, 05:45 PM
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/6840/41501820riosgetty203ag6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

THANK YOU ERICSSON

You know, I have never played with a Yonex but I somehow feel that there might be an affinity between certain Yonexes and Volkls. So I was not entirely surprised to know Marcelo was trying out the DNX 10, but I wanted to see it with my own eyes. I also wanted to try the DNX 10 but since Marcelo dropped it, I think the VE tour 10 mid should suit me better, and I think that is the racquet Marcelo should have tried. It must be a bit like a Yonex in that the upper part of the hoop is squarish, which gives a lot of action in the upper hoop on, let's say, a jumping two handed backhand down the line. On the other hand the sweet zone also comprises the lower hoop where it seems to be a bit broader. Ideal for an crosscourt or inside out left-handed forehand... And it is flexible as hell.

peluzon
04-18-2008, 12:20 PM
I have my ticket for the match

do you think this will be a great tennis match ????

It is in hard court. Rios is full training , what about Sampras ??

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/1879/riossamprasyk3.jpg:)

Shaolin
04-18-2008, 12:57 PM
^^You are so lucky peluzon :) Have fun watching my two favorite players of all time.

superman1
04-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Rios will win in 3 sets.

Why? Because this is in Chile. It's fixed, just like the Agassi match. Good money for the players, and everyone in the crowd walks away happy in the end.

Francella
04-18-2008, 10:01 PM

Pete will go for it....in a news interview talking about the Black Rock round robins in London n December, he said he still thinks win win win when walks onto a court. And, he is taking is age with grace and sort of grinning at the little telling holes in his game 'cause he's slower. The main strokes are there......and the serve is too. I saw him at MSG, and he was excellent. I think he only lost because he ran out of steam....but he has time to prepare for Rios and the rest of them in the rouond robin in London in Dec.
Francella:):):)

zagor
04-19-2008, 05:05 AM
Last time I checked "pobre gringuito" won 14 slams.

waves2ya
04-19-2008, 05:56 AM
I think he only lost because he ran out of steam....
Francella:):):)

Your dreamin'.

Fed carried him most of the way; there were a few good points but it was an 'exhibition'.

I don't know what I expected when I paid for Fed/Sampras, but I know what I got. Tennis players play one way when it's a 'show' and another when something is on the line...

hoodjem
04-19-2008, 06:39 AM
Rios will win in 3 sets.

Why? Because this is in Chile. It's fixed, just like the Agassi match. Good money for the players, and everyone in the crowd walks away happy in the end.

Exactemundo. If they played in LA, Rios would get one set. Everyone happy.

Should see some great serves and strokes.

$44,500!!! Enjoy Peluzon!

Azzurri
04-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Except reach world #1

not only that, he is the only man ever to be #1 w/out ever winning a slam. Rios had tons of talent was a terrific player.

peluzon
04-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Exactemundo. If they played in LA, Rios would get one set. Everyone happy.

Should see some great serves and strokes.

$44,500!!! Enjoy Peluzon!

jajaajaj $44.500 PESOS CHILENOS ,,,, US$ 100 , for 2 tickets with delivery , for me and my wife ,, its the cheapest ticket but its not so bad

ericsson
04-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Peluzon, i recently trained with a guy who in his younger years played with Marcelo, a practice session, he's Chilean too, i believe his daughter now is the best younger player in Chili and will be a promise for the future...
Needless to say he is a huge fan of El Chino :-)

peluzon
04-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Peluzon, i recently trained with a guy who in his younger years played with Marcelo, a practice session, he's Chilean too, i believe his daughter now is the best younger player in Chili and will be a promise for the future...
Needless to say he is a huge fan of El Chino :-)

Fernanda Brito. She is "Pollo" Brito daughters. I dont remember his name but everyone knows him for Pollo.

The last time that i saw her , she was 9 years old , very small beautifull girl waiting the end of fathers tennis lesson to play with him....

Ask him for me "Jaime Andres Beluzan" ,,, tell him that I beat him in the doubles final in Talagante. He played with "Manzo" his student ,, and I played with "Francisco Acevedo" ,,,,, we beat them because his student was very bad and broke his raquet in the second set and they get very angry

jajajaaajaj :) small world

ericsson
04-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Fernanda Brito. She is "Pollo" Brito daughters. I dont remember his name but everyone knows him for Pollo.

The last time that i saw her , she was 9 years old , very small beautifull girl waiting the end of fathers tennis lesson to play with him....

Ask him for me "Jaime Andres Beluzan" ,,, tell him that I beat him in the doubles final in Talagante. He played with "Manzo" his student ,, and I played with "Francisco Acevedo" ,,,,, we beat them because his student was very bad and broke his raquet in the second set and they get very angry

jajajaaajaj :) small world

No i think her first name was Dominique, last name i dont know but i will ask around, she's very talented and if i'm not mistaken she should be 10 years old.

larsenal
05-11-2008, 07:59 PM
i have more than 1300 matches.. and this week i`ll get the exhibition in arena santiago from chile play between RIOS AND PETE SAMPRAS....

ALSO I`LL GET SAMPRAS NALBANDIAN in argetnina...

ask for my list in nguell@hotmail.com