PDA

View Full Version : need advice on a string setup

samtheman981
02-28-2008, 06:53 PM
I have a set of PSGM and also a set of Bab Hurricane (not Tour). I am not sure if i should hybrid the two or just try PSGM on its on. I am currently looking for a string I like. I have tried X1 Biaphase and I do not like at all. Is PSGM similar? Should I use PSGM as a cross instead of a fulljob? leave your comments, experiences, reviews, ect

djokster
02-28-2008, 07:21 PM
What racquet are you using?

samtheman981
02-28-2008, 07:28 PM
head flexpount radical. about a 4.5 player. hit with mod-low spin and do not like when strings feel "over controlled"

JacKKyKung
02-28-2008, 07:46 PM
PSGM was good on cross, but i don't like it. It's too soft & tension drop too fast about 6 hr. I think you should try some, not bad to try. Maybe X1 biphase was too powerful to you, so that's over controlled.IMO

themitchmann
02-29-2008, 04:53 AM
I use PSGM 17 in my crosses, strung up two pounds tighter than the mains (which are Babolat PHT 17). I like this set up a lot. I'm currently trying out a full job of x-1 biphase...it's ok. Much softer, and a fairly significant tension loss after stringing (though, I didn't pre-stretch it and maybe I will next time). If you didn't like the x-1, go for the hybrid application with the PSGM.