PDA

View Full Version : Just finished my first string job

him88002
02-29-2008, 12:09 AM
On an 03 tour mid plus. I took me well over two hours but the sense of satisfaction I got at the end was worth it. It seems just as good as my other racket strung by a professional. I have a ats super stringer II and I must say I am quite happy I bought it.

Any way the string I strung was unique big hitter blue 17 at 57 in the mains and psgd at 59 in the crosses. Can't wait to try it out and I will tell my thoughts on the string setup.

Ljubicic for number1
02-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Congratulations, let the fun begin.

hewittfan3
02-29-2008, 07:10 AM
thats awesome. I hopefully will learn to string soon. That would be very cool

jonolau
02-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of stringing!

Babb
02-29-2008, 08:28 AM
I should take up stringing to augment my newly found string addiction...

YULitle
02-29-2008, 09:14 AM
I should take up stringing to augment my newly found string addiction...

Yes, it's the same old story isn't it?

Player meets stringing machine
Player uses stringing machine
Player goes an entire year without using the same setup twice. :) :D:D

Belmonte13
02-29-2008, 12:07 PM
i remember my first......she was so innocent...the grommets untouched, string glistening in beautiful coils about the floor, the smell of tennis balls was in the air....my hands trembling as i mounted her.....(to the machine)....ok i'm done hahaha.....but seriously, stringing is awesome. especially when you get a racquet that knows what she's doing. ;)

fuhzball
02-29-2008, 12:13 PM
I must be missing something, the first time I strung a frame all I heard was a lot of cussing.....

sneekynyc
02-29-2008, 12:15 PM
My first time I couldn't find the hole and when I finally did I couldn't get it in

YULitle
02-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Oh boy, here we go. I wonder if there is a sport/topic/genre that is devoid of all sexual innuendos?

fuhzball
02-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Yulitle, can you give me a link that explains the "around the world" pattern? And do you think it is worth the trouble?

YULitle
02-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Yulitle, can you give me a link that explains the "around the world" pattern? And do you think it is worth the trouble?

DO I think it's worth the trouble? :D Of course.

I assume you know why/when to do it. Here's a link to my YT channel; there are a few ATW patterns already on there.

http://www.youtube.com/yulitle

fuhzball
02-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks, I know the theory on why it is preferred. I'm just wondering if a typical 4.0 baseliner will be able to tell the difference vs someone with greater skills, like a pro...

thanks again, I'm a big fan of your advice..

YULitle
02-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks, I know the theory on why it is preferred. I'm just wondering if a typical 4.0 baseliner will be able to tell the difference vs someone with greater skills, like a pro...

thanks again, I'm a big fan of your advice..

You really would only get immediate differences in "feel" if the string is softer, like multis. and natural gut. Stringing these types of string throat to head puts the most "used" portion of the string in the playing area (located more towards the hoop than the throat) thus giving you a different feel and a slightly less durable string job. The long-term feel difference will come from a possible structural degradation of the racquet.