PDA

View Full Version : Natural Gut: Who said there's no free lunch?

scotus
02-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Just thought I'd share with all of you that a person that I do not know on a personal level just sent me a bunch of natural guts, gut hybrids and high-end multis in the mail for free.

The package included:

Pacific Toughgut
Pacific Prime Gut
Babolat VS Touch
Wilson Natural Duo (Natural + Enduro Pro)--Not sure whether "Natural" refers to natural gut.
Wilson K-Gut Pro 17

It was very generous of him. Thank you!

jayserinos99
02-29-2008, 12:35 AM
you are a lucky person. =D

diredesire
02-29-2008, 12:46 AM
right on :)

ledor
02-29-2008, 01:39 AM
you should love this person and do personal favors for passing go and getting 200 bucks worth of string.

Azzurri
02-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Just thought I'd share with all of you that a person that I do not know on a personal level just sent me a bunch of natural guts, gut hybrids and high-end multis in the mail for free.

The package included:

Pacific Toughgut
Pacific Prime Gut
Babolat VS Touch
Wilson Natural Duo (Natural + Enduro Pro)--Not sure whether "Natural" refers to natural gut.
Wilson K-Gut Pro 17

It was very generous of him. Thank you!

whoa..wait, why?:confused:

YULitle
02-29-2008, 09:27 AM
OP: Natural Duo is natural gut and enduro pro. The natural gut is probably from Babolat, where they have there full packs manufactured. Though I could see it coming from somewhere else given the slightly more difficult packaging logistics.

Way to go with the natural gut giveaway. :D Ever seen that movie with Helen Hunt, and Kevin Spacey? It's got that kid from the Sixth Sense in it? What's that called? ;););)

kingdaddy41788
02-29-2008, 09:32 AM
OP: Natural Duo is natural gut and enduro pro. The natural gut is probably from Babolat, where they have there full packs manufactured. Though I could see it coming from somewhere else given the slightly more difficult packaging logistics.

Way to go with the natural gut giveaway. :D Ever seen that movie with Helen Hunt, and Kevin Spacey? It's got that kid from the Sixth Sense in it? What's that called? ;););)

Pay It Forward?

little_e
02-29-2008, 09:33 AM
^^^

Pay it Forward
Not fast enough

Pro_Tour_630
02-29-2008, 09:42 AM
I have some funky natural gut that I like to give away, any takers

hey after all natural gut is natural gut, right:)

YULitle
02-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Pay It Forward?

^^^

Pay it Forward
Not fast enough

That was rhetorical for the OP. :D I knew what it was called. ;)

scotus
02-29-2008, 09:48 AM
whoa..wait, why?:confused:

This incredibly generous person used to be an internet merchant selling strings, and I bought a couple of Babolat VS Team and Pacific Toughgut from him.

It turns out 3 months after my purchase that what I thought was a Toughgut was a PolyGut, a hybrid package of 1/2 set of ToughGut and 1/2 set of Poly Force. The packaging looked so much like the Toughgut that neither I nor the seller had noticed the mistake.

So I contacted him by email and explained the situation. He replies that he is no longer selling strings but can send me a replacement. He even offers an extra set of strings to make things right.

But then for some reason he kept delaying the shipment. And when he wrote me that he would finally have a chance to ship it out and emailed me a tracking number, the USPS site kept saying there was no record of the tracking number.

Confused, I emailed him several times during the course of a couple of weeks wondering what's going on, and I get no reply.

I figure he is either on vacation, or had something terrible happen to him, or has had second thoughts about his offer and has decided to ignore my emails.

At any rate, about a month after he promised me a replacement and an extra set of strings, I get this package worth, I suppose, around $130 or so?

Well, I was simply blown away. I wrote him a nice thank-you email, and he wrote me back saying that he went to the post office a couple of times but only after it was closed and that he was very sorry about the delay. He said he no longer needed those strings so I could make good use of them.

Well, that's the story.

Azzurri
02-29-2008, 10:15 AM
This incredibly generous person used to be an internet merchant selling strings, and I bought a couple of Babolat VS Team and Pacific Toughgut from him.

It turns out 3 months after my purchase that what I thought was a Toughgut was a PolyGut, a hybrid package of 1/2 set of ToughGut and 1/2 set of Poly Force. The packaging looked so much like the Toughgut that neither I nor the seller had noticed the mistake.

So I contacted him by email and explained the situation. He replies that he is no longer selling strings but can send me a replacement. He even offers an extra set of strings to make things right.

But then for some reason he kept delaying the shipment. And when he wrote me that he would finally have a chance to ship it out and emailed me a tracking number, the USPS site kept saying there was no record of the tracking number.

Confused, I emailed him several times during the course of a couple of weeks wondering what's going on, and I get no reply.

I figure he is either on vacation, or had something terrible happen to him, or has had second thoughts about his offer and has decided to ignore my emails.

At any rate, about a month after he promised me a replacement and an extra set of strings, I get this package worth, I suppose, around $130 or so?

Well, I was simply blown away. I wrote him a nice thank-you email, and he wrote me back saying that he went to the post office a couple of times but only after it was closed and that he was very sorry about the delay. He said he no longer needed those strings so I could make good use of them.

Well, that's the story.

Too bad you had to go through all that, but at least the guy knew he screwed up and fixed the problem. That is what its all about. Good luck w/the string.

Djokovicfan4life
02-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Natural Gut? Free? What planet are you living on?

The rest of us live on a place called earth were decent gut costs $20-35.

scotus
02-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Too bad you had to go through all that, but at least the guy knew he screwed up and fixed the problem. That is what its all about. Good luck w/the string.

Since it took me 3 months to even notice the problem, he could have easily pinned it on me and accused me of trying to scam him, but he did not.

That was very honest and honorable of him.

vwfye
02-29-2008, 11:16 AM
restores faith in people... always a nice way to have a friday!

scotus
02-29-2008, 11:37 AM

YULitle, thanks for this very helpful information.

Azzurri
02-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Since it took me 3 months to even notice the problem, he could have easily pinned it on me and accused me of trying to scam him, but he did not.

That was very honest and honorable of him.

Restores faith in man. we need more of this kind of stuff.:)