PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Spin

hewittfan3
02-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Has anybody used these strings. I use the Big Banger Alu Power and I really like it but I'm thinking about trying these strings. I think its cool how the strings are a pentagon shape. So yeah any comments about the string?

Fedace
02-29-2008, 06:22 AM
Has anybody used these strings. I use the Big Banger Alu Power and I really like it but I'm thinking about trying these strings. I think its cool how the strings are a pentagon shape. So yeah any comments about the string?

I tried the Lux BB alu power Rough, and i thought it wasn't all that good for spin at all. IF this one is Hexagonal shape, then it will be similar in shape to Babolat Pro Hurr tour. but it will probably feel stiffer. I will probably try this one. I will hybrid it with Yonex Multi or X-1 biphase. IS Luxilon selling this string as one of their premier strings ??:confused:

hewittfan3
02-29-2008, 06:24 AM
I tried the Lux BB alu power Rough, and i thought it wasn't all that good for spin at all. IF this one is Hexagonal shape, then it will be similar in shape to Babolat Pro Hurr tour. but it will probably feel stiffer. I will probably try this one. I will hybrid it with Yonex Multi or X-1 biphase. IS Luxilon selling this string as one of their premier strings ??:confused:

I think so, what are those yonex strings you mentioned like?

Fedace
02-29-2008, 06:52 AM
I think so, what are those yonex strings you mentioned like?

Oh yeh, at $$17 per set, luxilon is definitely selling this one as one of their premier strings......i am bit disappointed that it does not come in 17 gauge. Yonex multi Tour Super 850 is a nice soft Multi. It is soft and great control and great feel. It is very close to natural gut actually. I am telling those guys at Luxilon to make this new string in 17 gauge as well. hope they listen to me...:)

hewittfan3
02-29-2008, 05:39 PM
i think im goin to buy those yonex strings you are talking about but its too bad that those are 16 gauge too

miniRafa386
02-29-2008, 06:39 PM
i heard that the new ALU is pretty much the same as normal ALU, maybe a little more bite. But seriously, should I waste another #3-4 on something like this?

heck no