PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Klipper Zyex?

bruiser
02-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Has anyone used these strings. Full job or hybrid? Please comment regarding your thoughts of the string. Thanks.

scotus
03-01-2008, 12:27 AM
I remember having a little discussion on this string no longer than a week ago.

Run a search and you should be able to find the thread. (Sorry I can't help you since I have never used this string before).

diredesire
03-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Full Job for me. I actually enjoyed it. Tension loss was (as usual for zyex) pretty dramatic at first, but it held decently after that point. Power was good, a little on the high side for my tastes, but the response was relatively crisp. Spin production was about average compared to polys and other spin friendly strings. I thought touch was decent, but nothing to write home about, and durability was pretty crappy. The klipper zyex notches quickly and pops pretty quick. I hit with Dynamite (Ashaway's zyex) a short while after and I couldn't even notch the stuff before the tension loss got to me. I'm typically a string cutter-outer, but the Klipper Zyex broke just about when I'd want to cut it out, anyways.

Overall, I have a positive view of this string.

KhaosBaseliner
03-01-2008, 03:01 PM
I have used it as a hybrid with the klipper power burst and enjoyed it. As for a full job i cant help because i have never tried it

zacinnc78
03-02-2008, 08:28 AM
i used it .....got tennis elbow...strung too high i think lol nevermind im thinking of powerburst...but it was hybrided with zyex.....zyex is cool try it

Kevo
03-04-2008, 04:02 PM
I really love the 17g version. It lasted quite well for me for a 17g string. Good feel power and tension maintenance. I think I got around 13-14 hours out of it. If it was cheaper I'd probably use it a lot.