PDA

View Full Version : Isospeed Classic vs. New Pro and Control

2handsbothsides
02-29-2008, 10:27 AM
I am interested in trying thicker versions of the MOJO gut hybrid in an open string pattern. The question is does anyone have experience with the new Pro or Control instead of the Classic?

I like the idea of not having to string 10% higher. Also concerned that the Classics arenít shown on the Isospeed website, so I figure why get hooked on a string that is likely discontinued. But does the new Pro and Control provide the same benefit as Classic in a gut hybrid?

There was no TW feedback for Control Classic but the feedback comments for Control appear to be for the older Classic. Now I am really confused. Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

bagung
02-29-2008, 11:26 AM
on four of my dnx-10mid, with armourpro in main and cross with:
2 strung with iso-speed pro classic at 60lbs,
1 strung with iso-speed pro new at 53lbs,
1 strung with iso-speed control new at 53lbs.
they play and feel differently..
power wise: classic pro >new pro>new classic.
muted feel : new pro>new control> classic pro.
vibration on the racquet : classic pro> new control>new pro.
hope it helps...

2handsbothsides
02-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Thanks Bagung. Can you comment on tension maintenance? Also what tension is your main?

bagung
03-02-2008, 02:57 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
main with armourpro at 52.5 lbs..
if i use legend 17g, i strung it at 55.5 lbs..
tension maintainece is quite similar... overall it is acceptable and i am quite satisfy...

Automatix
03-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Sorry for the hijack... but bagung I've got a question...

How would you rate the power of Isospeed Control let's say... versus TF X-1 Biphase or some other high end multi...

bagung
03-02-2008, 04:14 PM
iso-speed control is less power than x-1, excellerator...

if you prefer more power with muted feel, try the iso-speed pro... i actually prefer the pro and klip excellerator over the x-1...

Newpac
03-02-2008, 09:23 PM
could you comment on the durability of isospeed control vs professional?

bagung
03-02-2008, 10:32 PM
with iso-speed pro classic, i can get +/- 15 hrs of playing time.....
iso control so far i have play 10 hrs .. and still looking strong

Stannie
03-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Pro New:
With the whole ribbon structure definitely keeps tension pretty well. Durability-wise, it frays pretty quickly. This string is similar to a multi, but is considered a nylon (?). Plays well, close to natural gut.

Control New:
Control, indeed. More control than what professional new or old has provided. Much more durable than both professionals. Not as much power as either.

Professional Old:
Played more like a regular multi. I would consider this between Classics new and Professional New.

My kind of setup is a poly/multi blend:
Co-Poly main (so far, Luxi BB Alu Rough is on top. I'm going to try SPPP to cut the cost)
Iso-speed Pro New crosses (mainly for arm protection, and something with some power [unlike sensation with a dead ball feeling])
Both at 57 lbs on KBlade Tours

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Stan