PDA

View Full Version : a string that will not break

theoratoruk
12-27-2004, 05:49 PM
hi there

i was looking for a bit of help with string selection. i have a prince air stick o/s and love it but the only problem is the breaking of strings at the moment i am using prince synthetic gut 16 gauge the feel is a little rigid bit the problem is the strings are breaking once a week. do you have any ideas for combinations or just a string that is less likely to break as its starting to get a little expensive to play.

please help :(

tennisboy87
12-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Kevlar (10 characters).

!<-_->!
12-27-2004, 06:52 PM
By rigid do you mean stiff/harsh on arm? If that's what you mean, it's hard to find a soft string that also lasts long. I think Babolat Fibertour might be soft and still last long. Not sure. Are you using Prince Original or with Duraflex? One last thing, are you interested in purchasing another Air Stick OS?

TW Staff
12-28-2004, 09:20 AM
I would suggest trying a hybrid with a durable main string and keeping your Prince Synthetic gut as the cross string. There are many durable strings to choose from and I suggest you check out the string at the following link.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage.html?CREF=34

The strings are grouped as durable synthetic, Polyester based strings and Aramid (Kevlar) based strings.
The synthetic strings will provide more of the playability of the string you are currently using. The Polyester will be more durable and the Aramid strings will be the most durable. However, the poly will play much firmer than a synthetic gut and the Aramid will play firmer still.
You might want to consider going with a 15 gauge durable synthetic as a main string and moving on to more durable main string if needed.

Chris, TW.