PDA

View Full Version : Differences between LM Prestige MP and RDX MP?

Coria
12-27-2004, 06:12 PM
Both rackets have such similar specs. I really like them both but felt the RDX had a little more playability. I will admit the Prestige MP seems to have a bit more pop. They both are 98's, same stiffness, almost identical strung weight and same 8 points HL.

What are the reasons some like one over the other? Just curious.

BLiND
12-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Think you'll find that the Prestige has a much smaller head than the RDX 500 MP... the Prestige is more like a 95" than a 98"... it makes a huge difference.

Coria
12-27-2004, 06:27 PM
why was the prestige given a 5 point higher power rating than the RDX MP?

BLiND
12-27-2004, 07:16 PM
I have not a clue, but honestly, I have owned both these racquets, and the RDX500 MP feels HUGE compaired to the Prestige MP... just bear that in mind.

(Plus it has a denser pattern)

BLiND
12-27-2004, 07:18 PM
Additionally, i found the RDX500 MP to be unstable, and it gave me the uncanny nake of just launching the ball from time to time. I didn't like it... however the RDX500 Mid is an excellent racquet!

The only faults I can find with the Prestige MP is, the dense string pattern.

schange50
12-27-2004, 08:00 PM
I prefer the LM Prestige simply because I play better with it. Both have good feel. The LM Prestige offers more controlable pop, IMHO. Although the RDX MP has a more open string pattern, I found the LM Prestige to be more spin-friendly.

bertrevert
12-27-2004, 09:03 PM
The only faults I can find with the Prestige MP is, the dense string pattern.

Two people in this thread say LM Prestige MP has more pop. With the dense string pattern did you find it gave more pop? Did you loose spin with it? Why did you leave off using this racquet? (Got a better offer :wink: )

Coria did u find LM Prestige MP jarred you?

Coria
12-28-2004, 07:57 AM
a Little bit. I like the Prestige control though. It has more control and a bit more controllable pop than the RDX MP. I like the RDX MP in that it's a bit lighter and bit more maneuverable for me. Also, it feels like it has a bit more playability.

Coria
12-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Anybody play with the Slazenger Pro? Thoughts? It's very close in specs to what I like.

schange50
12-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Coria, looks like you should just pick the RDX MP and fiddle with the string tension a little bit to get the control to match the Prestige.