PDA

View Full Version : kirschbaum pro line 2 vs weiss silverstring

ohhgourami
02-29-2008, 09:31 PM
hi this is my first post on this forum.

im currently playing with full pro line 2s 1.30mm on my k95 16x18. id rate myself as a 4.0 player with pretty good topspin and i do really like the string i am using, but im wondering if there is anything better. i have 2 sets of the 1.25mm strings too and it does feel better but the string in general feels a bit too soft.

i was reading about this forum and i see that silverstring has some great reviews with others also recommending cyberflash. and how do these compare to pro line 2?

i want something similar to pro line 2 but maybe stiffer but with more playability.
i hit with luxilon on my friends babolat PD and it feels nasty; it was either the strings or racquet but maybe both.

im not worried with arm problems since im only 17.

Anton
02-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Simple - Use a synthetic gut or natural gut on the crosses!

This will add some firmness, feedback and comfort to the stringbed.

Thats what I use.

I string 61 lbs Pro Line II on mains and 63lbs soft synthetic gut on crosses (for 12+ oz, 95" face, 16x19 string pattern, HL frame)

Trust me you'll be very happy.

scotus
02-29-2008, 11:25 PM
I would be very interested in knowing which of the two strings is more arm-friendly.

PROTENNIS63
03-01-2008, 04:41 AM
If you want more playability, use a multi for a cross. Or natural gut. That is your best bet.

ohhgourami
03-01-2008, 09:05 PM
are there any nice poly strings that i dont need to do hybrid with?

i wanna string full poly

Hooooon
03-02-2008, 05:57 AM

i wanna string full poly

silverstring or alu power... maybe one of the big hitters

Anton
03-02-2008, 10:15 AM

i wanna string full poly

umm yea...Kischerbaum Pro Line II.

Poly is just not going to give you the crisp feedback of other strings, no string is perfect.

flemby2112
03-02-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm using SPPP 17, Silverstring 17, and Cyberflash 17L as full sets right now. The Silverstring is losing tension really fast. The SPPP is the stiffest but seems to have best spin and holds tension well. Cyberflash is my favorite, it does everything well and has a nice feel to it.

stormholloway
03-02-2008, 06:54 PM
I did find Pro Line 2 to be too soft and elastic. I like Kirschbaum Competition the best in the poly range and I highly recommend it. It's cheaper than PL2 as well. It's crisper and holds tension well. I love it.

The Big Kahuna
08-23-2011, 08:30 AM
I did find Pro Line 2 to be too soft and elastic. I like Kirschbaum Competition the best in the poly range and I highly recommend it. It's cheaper than PL2 as well. It's crisper and holds tension well. I love it.

Currently, TW.com has a great deal on Pro Line 2 four-packs, however, at $6. each when you buy the pack of four! That's a hard Poly to be at that price with the performance it has.

parasailing
08-23-2011, 08:38 AM
I heard that SPPP was softer than PL2 from another poster so I would like to know if others out there have experience with PL2 compared to Silverstring or SPPP.

topspin18
08-27-2011, 03:12 PM
I currently have pl2 1.25 and sppp1.28 in my pstgt and sppp does feel softer. I get more spin wiht pl2, better power and a stiffer feel.

Not sure about tension yet because i only had them in my rackets for 3 hrs of hitting.

parasailing
08-27-2011, 09:13 PM
I currently have pl2 1.25 and sppp1.28 in my pstgt and sppp does feel softer. I get more spin wiht pl2, better power and a stiffer feel.

Not sure about tension yet because i only had them in my rackets for 3 hrs of hitting.

I also use a PSTGT and trying to figure out the right hybrid string setup to use. I guess I will have to put PL2 on the list of strings to try as I will be testing out VS Team main with SPPP crosses soon.

Let us know which one has better tension maintenance. Which one offers more power, SPPP or PL2?

topspin18
08-28-2011, 06:34 AM
I feel that pL2 has a tad more power than the SPPP. Both have good power but PL2 my balls go deeper in the court.

ollinger
08-29-2011, 07:07 AM
I've used both SS and PL-II extensively lately, really prefer the SS. Both hold tension fairly well, the SS just has a livelier and spinnier feel to it. PL feels more like a middle-of-the-pack poly to me, SS feels more like Alu with better tension maintenance.

Fedace
08-29-2011, 07:12 AM
I've used both SS and PL-II extensively lately, really prefer the SS. Both hold tension fairly well, the SS just has a livelier and spinnier feel to it. PL feels more like a middle-of-the-pack poly to me, SS feels more like Alu with better tension maintenance.

I felt like Alu was too lively. i may try the SS. I loved the PL2. it is one of the top line polys. Do you also like some of the new strings that weiscannon have come up with lately ?