PDA

View Full Version : whats a powerful string for my ps85?

lawrence
03-01-2008, 05:41 AM
its currently strung with wilson polylast, which is what the local stringer suggested when i asked for a durable string that i could use for a while. its pretty good, i get nice spin, and its definitely lived up to its name. however i find its way too weak
i realise the PS85 is a really low powered racket but it just feels like im missing the pop on my groundstrokes and serves

im also looking for something that i wont have to string very much either, so preferably not gut or anything ;p
maybe i should look into a multi?

fuzz nation
03-01-2008, 01:20 PM
I've had great luck with multi's in my Donnay Pro One mp's . They have a good deal of flex and only moderate power (not unlike the ps85), so lively multi's are a good fit in there for me. One of those frames came to me strung with 17 ga X-One Biphase which has been great and I'm also quite loyal to LaserFibre. So far I've done really well with Laser Supreme and Phenom XRC, but the common denominator for success has been 17 ga multi. As long as you don't go too loose, they ought to behave for you rather well compared to poly or even thicker syn gut which is usually much less resilient.

Valjean
03-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Babolat's Fibertour.