PDA

View Full Version : how should i string kgut and big banger on my PDT

moneyman
03-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Alright, so recently my friend sent me some K-Gut 16 and Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power 125 16 strings.
I have a Babolat Pure Drive Team and I'm looking for more spin and control rather than power.
Take any combination of the two strings listed above along with tension and which one are mains and crosses.
I also have some Babolot Pro Hurricane 16s and Wilson Reaction 16s lying around so if you think they would be better than any of the two listed above then feel free to include them.

moneyman
03-02-2008, 08:18 AM
any suggestions? I'm going to my stringer today so any tips would be appreciated!

moneyman
03-02-2008, 02:20 PM
im leaving in about an hour so any tips would be helpful!

Babb
03-02-2008, 02:31 PM
For control, you should put the ALU Power in the mains at anywhere between 55-65, and then use the KGut in the crosses at whatever your normal tension is for synthetics (or if you want more control than just that offered by the polyester mains, go tighter than normal in the crosses).

Just for the record, I know nothing about KGut, except that it is a multifilament like X1 or Gamma Professional, both I which I have used personally. I don't know how soft it is, but you might need string savers or something as poly tends to eat through multifilaments when they are put together in a hybrid.

That's just my recommendation as a 15 year old 4.0. Take it for what it's worth.