PDA

View Full Version : New Dunlop frames?

Cardtennis07
03-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Went to my local shop today and saw that they had a half off sale on all current Dunlop models. Does this is mean new ones are coming out in the near future?

TNT16
03-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Went to my local shop today and saw that they had a half off sale on all current Dunlop models. Does this is mean new ones are coming out in the near future?

Where? In Europe/Czech Republic?

I know they were selling the Aerogels two-for-one in the UK.

So -- good question.

I assume TW staff members would drop a hint about new frames coming . . . so far they are only telling us that the AG100 will finally be made available in the US . . . no news yet about the AG400 . . . so I would be surprised.

_____

Off topic question - if you are writing about pricing in Czech Republic . . . does Dunlop offer clothing (T-shirts, wristbands, etc.) there?

Automatix
03-02-2008, 06:38 AM
Off topic question - if you are writing about pricing in Czech Republic . . . does Dunlop offer clothing (T-shirts, wristbands, etc.) there?

I know this question isn't for me but in Poland you can buy t-shirts, skirts, shorts, shoes etc. but I haven't seen wristbands...

robkat
03-02-2008, 07:26 AM
Check out this link to this thread, It contains comments from TW about New Dunlop frames:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=178757&highlight=dunlop

jazar
03-02-2008, 08:11 AM
they are just bringing new models into the aerogel range. they wont have any new technologies coming out til 2009

TNT16
03-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Check out this link to this thread, It contains comments from TW about New Dunlop frames:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=178757&highlight=dunlop

Thanks. I wonder what the mysterious new frame for advanced players is all about - is he referring to the AG100 which has been out in Europe and elsewhere or an actual new model?

Anyway this seems to indicate they are coming out with additional models in the AG series rather than a switch of the entire line (like from MFil to AG).

TNT16
03-02-2008, 08:50 AM
I know this question isn't for me but in Poland you can buy t-shirts, skirts, shorts, shoes etc. but I haven't seen wristbands...

Thanks. I had seen that on the .pl website too.

I just don't understand Dunlop's approach to the US market: no functioning website for over a year, not making some of their frames available here (AG100, AG300 16x18, AG400), no accessories . . . they seem to approach the US market as if it was the Dominican Republic (no offense) or some other minor market not worth the effort -- just does not make sense!

slice-o-maniac
03-02-2008, 09:03 AM
i guess its because they see the U.S. as a place like wilson and prince and head with reign supreme so they don't try. and isn't Dunlop's company in europe? that's why racquets like the AG100 and the AG200 16x18 is over there

slice-o-maniac
03-02-2008, 09:03 AM
AG300 16x18* and the AG200 16x19 sorry.

TNT16
03-02-2008, 09:19 AM
i guess its because they see the U.S. as a place like wilson and prince and head with reign supreme so they don't try. and isn't Dunlop's company in europe? that's why racquets like the AG100 and the AG200 16x18 is over there

Yes fair enough but not trying in the biggest market does not make sense.

I am not saying they should commit all of their resources here - but at least get the basics done . . . .

Not trying in the US market just does not make any sense no matter which way I look at it.

m1stuhxsp4rk5
03-02-2008, 10:06 AM
i went to a tennis store the other day and asked if they would be getting any new dunlops but he said he would only get or restock on rackets they have a demand for but i do wish they would get some of the dunlops

m1stuhxsp4rk5
03-02-2008, 10:07 AM
i also did read in a tennis magazine im not sure if it applies here but rackets for the aerogel line will be coming out later this year and new technology next year

Automatix
03-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Yeah! Also Dunlop is the only big racquet producer without an international site... all Dunlop sites are made differently by local distributors...

Dunlop should try to check the posibility to fight on the 90 sq. inch. plane... even Babolat which is known for higher powered larger head frames will release the Pure Storm Limited Edition with an unusual for them 18x20 string pattern...

I'll tell you more... even though the Aerogel 100 is available in most European countries it isn't available in Poland! Strange...

slice-o-maniac
03-03-2008, 11:12 AM
i really wished dunlop would care about the US as they do in the Europe. anyways i did set my hopes on the AG100 but trying to find replacements would've been too hard so i went with the AG20016x19. IMO i liked that racquet better than the US AG200.

and TNT16 i think this is what dunlop believes to be the basic necessities for the US...a non-working site and the same types of frames from each series... yup >.<