PDA

View Full Version : Does any know about Dunlop Black Max 95 sq & Yamaha Gold 90 sq Ceramics?

BOZO
03-01-2008, 09:56 PM
I can't wait to try out!!! The racquets have leather grips with original wraped never strung, the previous owner (67 years old++ have kept them for 20 years) told me those were best racquet at that time. He bought them but never used them .... I felt like I'm so lucky. I really want to know how its play & how its feels ... if you guys have experiences, please let me know some ...

LanEvo
03-01-2008, 10:04 PM
i heard great things about the black max

vwfye
03-01-2008, 10:17 PM
i really like the gold as an alternative for the PS 85 and the black max is nice if you like an even flex composite frame

vsdtrek
03-02-2008, 05:52 PM
I can't wait to try out!!! The racquets have leather grips with original wraped never strung, the previous owner (67 years old++ have kept them for 20 years) told me those were best racquet at that time. He bought them but never used them .... I felt like I'm so lucky. I really want to know how its play & how its feels ... if you guys have experiences, please let me know some ...

I had the Gold 90s back around 1992 - 1994 and it was the best frame I ever used. When I first got it, I thought it was a bit too weak hitting. I added a ton of lead at 3 and 9 and this thing absolutely abused the ball. I strung mine with Prince Endurance (basically a cheap nylon) at 62#.

That Gold 90 was made with just about every material possible at the time. I also owned the Black Max, Prince Spectrum, and Wilson Ceramic. All were nice (the Spectrum in particular) but I loved the Golds. I also owned the Silver and it was not nearly as nice.

I bought mine new for $13 each at some sports store. The store was selling these Rossignal frames that were basically wood with graphite paint or something like that. The frames were $20 and were on sale. The Golds were in this pile and I think someone just slapped on the $20 price tag and then a sale tag.

Congrats on a beautiful frame from the glory days of racquets!

aceroberts13
03-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Where did you buy these if you don't mind me asking?

gocard
03-02-2008, 07:26 PM
I found a Dunlop Black Max head cover with a Davis wooden racquet made by TAD. I have never heard of this, but too bad the cover didn't come with the Black Max racquet! It either belonged to my grandma or grandpa but I have no idea where the actual racquet is now.

I would be very interested to hear where you found these racquets as well!

BOZO
03-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Thank you so much.. That makes me want to hit with it right away but .. I gotta wait until next month I will get a chance..

Rich Cass Jr
08-06-2008, 06:32 PM
I am looking for a Yamaha Gold 90 if you are interested in selling it...Thanks, Rich.
rcassjr@yahoo.com