PDA

View Full Version : Pure Storm Customization

IndieJimmy
03-02-2008, 12:35 AM
I demo'ed one of the new pure storms today (just hitting some serves), and it felt incredibly light for a player's racquet...the little "lead tape location" writing on the 12 o'clock part of the head got me wondering--does everyone slap lead tape on this racquet to make it more stable/heavy? I really like the look and shape of the racquet, but it is just too damn light for my liking. would I be able to solve this problem with some lead tape? If so, where would you recommend putting it?

thanks.

IndieJimmy
03-03-2008, 11:53 AM
bump.........

jasonchu
03-03-2008, 02:20 PM
I demo'ed one of the new pure storms today (just hitting some serves), and it felt incredibly light for a player's racquet...the little "lead tape location" writing on the 12 o'clock part of the head got me wondering--does everyone slap lead tape on this racquet to make it more stable/heavy? I really like the look and shape of the racquet, but it is just too damn light for my liking. would I be able to solve this problem with some lead tape? If so, where would you recommend putting it?

thanks.

TRY THE PURE STORM TOUR... Babolat finally understands a heavier racquet is what players need for stability, control, and less tennis elbow

JBennett
03-03-2008, 06:04 PM
I put about 15 grams on the 3 and 9 oclock and so far its been awesome. Adds a bit more pop to the racket but really gives it a solid, plow through feeling that it always felt like it was missing on off center hits. I'd give it a try yourself, but it made a huge difference for me.

iLose
03-03-2008, 06:48 PM
TRY THE PURE STORM TOUR... Babolat finally understands a heavier racquet is what players need for stability, control, and less tennis elbow

They Have had the Pure Control for a while which is pretty much the same as the Pure Storm Tour

IndieJimmy
03-05-2008, 08:06 PM
okay thanks.

JediMindTrick
03-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Why bother with the lead tape if you can get the Pure Storm Tour which is a Pure Storm with extra weight. The Tour version has much better weight and balance.

danb
03-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Why bother with the lead tape if you can get the Pure Storm Tour which is a Pure Storm with extra weight. The Tour version has much better weight and balance.

I was about to say the same - you just beat me to it:)

jasonchu
03-06-2008, 10:45 AM
They Have had the Pure Control for a while which is pretty much the same as the Pure Storm Tour

the pure control is stiffer than the pure storm tour also known as the pst2007
they also had 2 versions of the pure control 2001 (black inside hoop/head) and it seems heftier than the pure control 2003 (red inside hoop/head)

i play with the pc2003 and the pst2007, except i lead them up with .05 ounces of lead at 3 and 9 each, and 0.4 ounces inside the grip

jasonchu
03-06-2008, 10:48 AM
okay thanks.

http://tinyurl.com/2hxpwb

this listing has a good price, and links to other specs. also talks about how babolat discontinued the pure control and replaced iwth the pure storm tour.