PDA

View Full Version : Natural Gut in Vacuum seal large bag?Idea

User Name
03-02-2008, 06:15 AM
Hi, I was wondering, would it be a good idea to put natural gut while in its package into one of those space saving bags which you pull out all the air with a vacuum. I have some cheap nat gut and was wondering what that would do... most likely damage it, but just thinking since i found some of those bags the other day lol. im not going to do it... but what are your thoughts. thanks.

bsandy
03-03-2008, 09:19 AM
My thoughts . . .

You're not going to save the NG from anything more than it's going to be exposed to the first minute you open it up.

For gosh sakes, It's sausage casing.

With the exception of NG getting wet (or continuously damp), or used in abrasive conditions, NG's fragility has been much overstated.

. . . Bud

scotus
03-03-2008, 12:05 PM
I played with Babolat VS Team and Klip Legend throughout the winter exposing both of them to a lot of moisture.

The outer coatings on these guts these days do an excellent job of protecting the guts from moisture.

Azzurri
03-03-2008, 03:31 PM
I have read where people pu extra in a sandwich bag and it seems to be ok. I assume those are the coated strings. So it shoud be ok, at least a few months anyway. Someone will provide a more logical answer then me..I'm sure.:)