PDA

View Full Version : gut hybrid tension loss

cmartin
03-02-2008, 08:49 AM
although I have used the set up before, how do you manage different tension loss of different string in your racquet (particularly gut and some others that loosen more quickly)?

YULitle
03-02-2008, 08:52 AM
If you have a tension setup that you like, and wish to have it as much as possible, you must restring. If you don't care what it starts like, then you must not care where it ends, so string it up however. The strings always settle. If you up the tension on, say, the poly half to compensate for it's loss of tension, it won't play the same will it?

The strings will always settle.
The strings will always settle.

Only pros have the luxury of having 3-12 freshly strung sticks every match.

Loco4Tennis
03-02-2008, 08:58 AM
i have 3 identical racquets, i just strung 2 of them with the same setup, to keep the tension the same as close as i can, even though i cannot be certain, i will rotate the use of them, i have marks on each racquet to know which one i am using that day, i figure if i play 1 day with this one and then play with the other one the next day (while i might be off a bit because of the settling time YULITLE mentioned), the strings and/or tension should drop at a fairly equal rate
the 3rd racquet i have is for experimental setups