PDA

View Full Version : Lm4

meowmix
03-02-2008, 10:21 AM
My friend is offering me his LM4. He's only played with it a few times (he really doesn't like it), and it's in about 8.0-8.5 condition (minor scrapes on frame). He's only wanting 25 bucks. Should I get it?

My current frame is a Gamma Ipex 7.0 MP (the only customization is an overgrip). Love the frame, but I find I'm not hitting as hard outdoors as I am indoors (tennis season is starting and today is the first day I've played outside in about half a year). My shots are falling a little short and aren't as penetrating as they usually are. My serves are also a bit erratic, but they've always been like that. I think it's probably just due to my unfamiliarity with the outdoor courts...

If I buy the LM4, I play to add some weight in the handle until it's about 11.5 ounces and 7 points headlight (if needed, I'll add some weight at 10 and 2 too). Does the LM4 respond well to customization? If so, will adding about .8 ounces to it affect its playability too much?

Thanks

LanEvo
03-02-2008, 10:24 AM
i would say it is because its almost an oz of weight added on, for instance my triad it was a 10oz racquet, i added 1.5oz to it it has become totally different but in a positive way for me

spinny
03-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Ive owned LM4 and currently love my IPEX7 MPs. The LM4 is not for a player. Its a granny stick.

meowmix
03-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Ive owned LM4 and currently love my IPEX7 MPs. The LM4 is not for a player. Its a granny stick.

Not quite. If it were a granny stick, it'd be superoversize, pack massive punch, have a beam thickness of over 29 mm, and could act as a snowshoe.

TokyopunK
03-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Just buy it and if you dont like it then sell it on e-bay for like $40.... either way you can't lose!

dacrymn
03-02-2008, 01:14 PM
That's what i played with a long time ago. Its not a granny stick, unless you want it to be one. You can hit pretty hard with it. It's head heavy, but its so light that it doesn't really matter anyways. I don't know. 25? You can't lose either way.

Babb
03-02-2008, 01:18 PM
^^^^^
My hitting partner loves the LM4 and is about to order another one. It's definitely a decent racquet, at least for him. I've never tried it.

jaykay
03-02-2008, 02:55 PM
I have tried the LM4. Owned a couple a while ago and sold it here on the boards couple of years ago (I think). Lots and lots of power (I found it somewhat uncontrollable). Some prefer this frame for doubles play...

Try it, you might like it. I didn't.

meowmix
03-02-2008, 05:02 PM
I have tried the LM4. Owned a couple a while ago and sold it here on the boards couple of years ago (I think). Lots and lots of power (I found it somewhat uncontrollable). Some prefer this frame for doubles play...

Try it, you might like it. I didn't.

Well there's good news. I'll be playing only doubles for the next month or so, so that's great news!

Anyway, thanks to those that have posted. I've decided to get it, and lead it up a little so that it can handle those 100 mph serves. Thanks!