PDA

View Full Version : Need grommet advice...

thenjimmysaid
03-02-2008, 02:38 PM
I was wondering, since TW doesn't sell FXP Radical Tour grommets anymore, what other grommet can I use that will still fit on the racquet? :)

YULitle
03-02-2008, 02:45 PM
If you only have grommet issues, and not bumper guard issues, you could just replace the individual grommets. Otherwise, you have to go through Head directly (not likely) or Ten nis Men ace.

thenjimmysaid
03-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Actually, I was gonna lay leadtape under the grommets and bumper guard...so yeah... lol

YULitle
03-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Actually, I was gonna lay leadtape under the grommets and bumper guard...so yeah... lol

Good luck then :D

I hear they can be stingy on their prices when they know they're the only one's who have them. :)

Gimmick
03-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Don't hold me to it but the microgel radical pro has the same pattern, placement, and beam shape as the FXP Tour. They look identical except for paint and points.

YULitle
03-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Don't hold me to it but the microgel radical pro has the same pattern, placement, and beam shape as the FXP Tour. They look identical except for paint and points.

This is something that always bothered me. Companies should be required to catalog when grommet/bumper guard kits can be used on other frames. I called in to Babolat once for a PD kit, and I started to explain which model it was and she said it doesn't matter which year model, they were all the same kit! :D Not much creativity going on over there. Or maybe they are just sticking to their guns.