PDA

View Full Version : Gosen OG micro super 16

ericsson
03-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Just had an order from TW and since Gosen is rather hard to find here i wanne to try that brand, the courier was on backorder so i took the micro super 16, any feedback?

Belmonte13
03-05-2008, 01:25 PM
it's pretty nice stuff. as good as any syn gut i can think of really....don't look for durability....it's good in hybrids....gosen in general makes highly underrated strings in my opinion....don't forget anna kournikova used to play with gosen!

ericsson
03-05-2008, 11:30 PM
it's pretty nice stuff. as good as any syn gut i can think of really....don't look for durability....it's good in hybrids....gosen in general makes highly underrated strings in my opinion....don't forget anna kournikova used to play with gosen!

And Jim Courier ;-)
Anyway, will string one next week, i'm kinda curious, heard some good things about Gosen, but for some reason not available or very hard to find here.

dork2tennisstud
03-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Gosen Micro 16 is really soft and has good playability. You can't find a better 16g synthetic gut for anywhere near the same price. It doesn't last long by itself, though, and it moves around a lot. It's great as a cross string.

f1 tech
03-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Soft is a relative term. I say Micro 16 is stiffer than X-1 Biphase and Yonex 850 Pro. It's got a crisp feel.

saram
03-06-2008, 02:33 PM
It is good stuff--especially for the price. You will be pleasantly surprised!

astra
03-08-2008, 04:40 AM
I play with full Gosen OG Micro Super 16 at 24/24 kg (54/54) in LM Prestige MP, it is superb. The lifetime is about a half compared to the SPPP 17 (1,23 mm), but if used in 18x20 racquets, it is acceptable. The strings move in a racquet quite a lot.
Overall: the best syn gut I have ever used, reasonable lifetime, great feel, arm friendly, resilient, it has much more pop than for example Babolat Super Fine Play 1,35 mm (in Europe it is Babolat Tour Long Life). Highly recommended.

astra
03-08-2008, 04:53 AM
^^^...and to add more praise, it holds tension very well.

ericsson
03-21-2008, 01:10 AM
Well, like you guys said, i would be pleasantly surprised and yes i am, what a wonderful string this is, i immidiatly felt good, very good control for a nylon string, normally i'm not a fan of these strings but man i love this Gosen, very good tamed power, good feel, conclusion: a LOT of string for such a low price! Too bad it's not to find here...