PDA

View Full Version : Speedport black with redcode?

master_stringer_mitchy
03-03-2008, 01:04 PM
My blacks should be here 2moro! basically, when i demo'd them from my shop, they were great but a little to powerfull at times. I only like them with the port inserts. The demo I tried had syn gut duraflex 130 in at mid tension and felt "ok". In my last rackets i have had i used alu power rough at 58 or 60 in hot weather in my old earo pro drives. i have this time decided to try redcode 125. What tennsion would you guys suggest, or what have you found good? also, i am planning on leading up to 323 unstrung, 12g under the grip and 6 in the head at 10 and 2. ever tried this, any suggestions? thanks guys!

Babb
03-03-2008, 04:10 PM
^^^^
So you just want a tension? You should probably just make an educated guess and go from there. None of us know what you want more than you do! :)

akapistolpete
03-03-2008, 04:42 PM
start with something similar to the luxilon as they are both stiff polys

iplaybetter
03-03-2008, 05:35 PM
sounds like a great combo, play and color wise, split the difference and try it

master_stringer_mitchy
03-04-2008, 12:41 PM
thanks guys, they came today along with the new 12 racket bag, very good actually, not many people in the uk have it! i am going to string them 2moro, decided to go for 59, il post to let u know how it plays so that it could help any one else!

master_stringer_mitchy
03-05-2008, 01:06 PM
played with them 2nite. did them at 58, nice, but next time i will do atleast 60 as they feel a little "mushy"! plays well, not sure if as good as alu power but time will tell! i also played with them at stock weight, 305g, to light, am going to lead up to around 320, even balance. thanks for your advice.:):)

tlm
03-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I use the blacks+ i was using alu flouro at 68Lbs. You need to string then tight to tame the power.I am now using weiss cannon silverstring 1.20 at 68 lbs. + they play incredible, great control, spin + good comfort even at this high tension.

Take it from me going up a few lbs. to 60 or 62 is not going to be enough, i would advise at least 66 lbs.

hit2mybh
03-05-2008, 03:01 PM
I use the blacks+ i was using alu flouro at 68Lbs. You need to string then tight to tame the power.I am now using weiss cannon silverstring 1.20 at 68 lbs. + they play incredible, great control, spin + good comfort even at this high tension.

Take it from me going up a few lbs. to 60 or 62 is not going to be enough, i would advise at least 66 lbs.
why string tight to tame the power? They have a speedport tour that is a bit less powerful and is a nice racket.

tlm
03-05-2008, 08:45 PM
I have thought about using the tour it is also a nice racquet, it just seemed a little to dead+ flexy for my game. I would tell anyone who uses the black+ likes to hit out to try my set up, it plays like a dream.

master_stringer_mitchy
03-06-2008, 02:14 AM
I have thought about using the tour it is also a nice racquet, it just seemed a little to dead+ flexy for my game. I would tell anyone who uses the black+ likes to hit out to try my set up, it plays like a dream.

thats tight, i might give 62 ago, il see how there going in a few weeks. thanks