PDA

View Full Version : Mad about string job!

BallBeemer
03-03-2008, 04:16 PM
I've been noticing something wierd with my strings. After some hitting, I will move the string back in place an what not but when I move my crosses or mains I see little divets for where the string will normally be. I just want to know if this is normal or not. :confused:

Thanks!

YULitle
03-03-2008, 04:24 PM
It's normal if you hit really really hard, or it's been a while since it got strung.

BallBeemer
03-03-2008, 04:27 PM
It's normal if you hit really really hard, or it's been a while since it got strung.

O.k. thanks I was really confused:)

stox
03-03-2008, 06:33 PM
For future reference you may hear of this as notching as well.

Behtareen
03-03-2008, 06:37 PM
your problem reminds me of a player who i strung rackets for. i remember stringing on an x2. he was mad because the strings moved too much for him. i was ****ed as a stringer. it was ********., and since i had a 30 day policy ( though i should probably remove it) i had to restrung the racket for him. and it STILL WASENT TIGHT!!! may i add tension seemed fine at 60lbs. anyway guy got it strung professionaly. a customer lost but i didnt care because his demands were pointless to me.

reason im mentioning is so that you know how the stringer does go through time to make sure you have a good stringjob. the problem doesnt seem too bad, i think you can live.

enjoy

Dav

racquet_jedi
03-03-2008, 06:41 PM
your problem reminds me of a player who i strung rackets for. i remember stringing on an x2. he was mad because the strings moved too much for him. i was ****ed as a stringer. it was ********., and since i had a 30 day policy ( though i should probably remove it) i had to restrung the racket for him. and it STILL WASENT TIGHT!!! may i add tension seemed fine at 60lbs. anyway guy got it strung professionaly. a customer lost but i didnt care because his demands were pointless to me.

reason im mentioning is so that you know how the stringer does go through time to make sure you have a good stringjob. the problem doesnt seem too bad, i think you can live.

enjoy

Dav

This is almost like my mom, who thinks that strings are meant to last forever...

It gets annoying, eh?

Behtareen
03-03-2008, 07:01 PM
do you mean the guy who i strung for??