PDA

View Full Version : alternative for i.rad OS

charlesy
12-28-2004, 07:58 PM
I'm playing with i.rad OS and like it very much. But, recently, I got little pain on my shoulder and very little one on my elbow. I'm going to put softer string on my racket but I think It's a time for me to find something else.
I'm 46 yrs old and do mostly double.
I'm looking for the racket has all characters of i.rad OS but it should be good for shoulder & elbow.
I tried my wife's V-CON20(117) once the other day and found very good feeling on it. But, you know...I can't control...
Any help???

Thanks in advance.

Charles

hummer23
12-28-2004, 08:27 PM
im not sure how much it will help your sholder, but a babolat pure drive is a great substitute for your frame. tis got a generous sweet spot and good power. nice spin potential as well. not aabad all around frame. a bit stiff, but thats a good thing imo.

carTW
12-29-2004, 06:07 AM
The Prince Original Graphite Oversize is the gentlest racquet for the the arm & shoulder and is surprisingly manoeuvrable for its weight. Not quite as mobile as the i.Radical OS, but not that different though, because it is a lot more head-light.

Swingman
12-29-2004, 06:57 AM
I recently tried the Prince More precision OS and it was pretty sweet. It felt smoother and has better control than the I.rad but is a hair down on power. I only hit with it for a short time and it felt good on my joints but would look for feedback on that one. It's also pretty cheap now. Another alternative is the Ti.Radical which is softer than the i.rad. I've used this one for doubles after using the I.rad. TW doesn't sell this anymore but Hola**** inBaltimore does.

djones
12-29-2004, 07:16 AM
I think the Dunlop 300G or 300G oversized is a very very good racquet if you're looking for something similar, but a little more felxible.
The spin is also a lot better with this racquet.
It's a bit lighter as well.
I wouldn't know a better substitute for the Head I Radical OS.