PDA

View Full Version : Is the Pure Drive Roddick Plus raquets good for 1 handed backhand?

eric892
03-03-2008, 05:55 PM
I want to switch my current racquet(Head LM) to Babolat Pure Drive Roddick Plus and I was wondering if this racquet is good for 1 handed backhand because my OHB is troubling me most of the time?
I don't like going for the defensive slice each time my opponent hit the ball fast to my backhand area.

I'm a baseliner and hard hitter and I love every specs of this racquet including the color.

Thanks.

racquet_jedi
03-03-2008, 06:15 PM
I want to switch my current racquet(Head LM) to Babolat Pure Drive Roddick Plus and I was wondering if this racquet is good for 1 handed backhand because my OHB is troubling me most of the time?
I don't like going for the defensive slice each time my opponent hit the ball fast to my backhand area.

I'm a baseliner and hard hitter and I love every specs of this racquet including the color.

Thanks.

You should not get this racquet because I'm sure that many people are able to hit perfectly fine one-handed backhands with an extended length frame, i.e., the Bryan Brothers (when they used Wilsons at least)...

:wink::wink:

But you never know for sure, the only way to know if you know for sure that the extended length won't be a problem is if you find out for yourself...

ledor
03-03-2008, 07:17 PM
A basket of balls/a wall/ball machine, a demo racquet, will help you decide.

SFrazeur
03-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I use a one handed backhand and it works just fine. However, if you are considering a racquet change because of a problem with mechanics, then that is not the right solution, you should see an instructor about it.

-SF

jorel
03-04-2008, 05:42 AM
it takes some practice but it works for Luby

slice is no problem but hitting a drive....

you might be catching it a little late when you start but with practice... it works and I like the extra reach on serve

eric892
03-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Ok thanks everyone. I think I will buy the racquet.

eric892
03-19-2008, 12:34 AM
Is the PDR+ good for topspin shot?

PED
03-19-2008, 02:26 AM
Yes, the pdr is probably one of the best sticks out there for heavy baseline topspin, Great, great stick, but demo it first, it will play very very differently than your head.

eric892
03-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Should I use a dampener for the PDR+ ? Some people said that you don't necessary need one as they have the cortex system, is that true that act like a dampener.

lacosteace
03-19-2008, 09:02 PM
i use the PDR+ and a one handed backhand, it takes a little getting used to... with a two handed take back, and a one handed swingthrough, i found decent control. does feel better with a second hand on it tho, i admit. feels like the raquet is made for two-handed backhands rather than a one, but none the less, it works. i also play heavy topspin from the baseline... amazing stick for baseline bashing!

lacosteace
03-19-2008, 09:03 PM
oh yeah, and i used to use the babolat damp, kept loosing it, so i just tied a rubberband... i really just do it cause i hate the ping, doesnt make too much difference to me

babolat#1
03-19-2008, 09:11 PM
No, it is suited for two handes.

PED
03-20-2008, 04:01 AM
The cortex does make a difference. I don't use a dampener with mine but that was bc i was tired of them always popping off with the open string pattern of the apdc and pdr. The hardest thing to get used to is the PING, but you'll get over that in a week or 2.

jackson vile
03-20-2008, 11:29 AM

Thanks.

I would highly recomend either the LMInstinctXLTour or the PureControlPlus

eric892
03-24-2008, 05:58 AM
One person said that the racquet is not strong, the part which is located between the frame and the handle, he said that if you hit serve very hard or smash the it will break into half, is it true?

I don't believe it though but can anyone confirm this, if it is really true then Roddick will have to change racquet after every 1st serve, haha.

Thanks.

akybo
03-24-2008, 10:44 AM
One person said that the racquet is not strong, the part which is located between the frame and the handle, he said that if you hit serve very hard or smash the it will break into half, is it true?

I don't believe it though but can anyone confirm this, if it is really true then Roddick will have to change racquet after every 1st serve, haha.

Thanks.
Roddick doesn't use the cortex system :)
But I dont believe this thing about breaking from the cortex.

eric892
03-24-2008, 05:44 PM
Roddick doesn't use the cortex system :)
But I dont believe this thing about breaking from the cortex.

How do you know? :confused: Does babolat sell his racquet without the cortex system?

iplaybetter
03-24-2008, 06:24 PM
i dont like many pure drive for my 1hb that said my modded blacked out one is not bad

eric892
03-25-2008, 07:30 PM
I bought the PDR+ already and I think my 1HBH is fine with it.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk60/eric892/DSCF0071.jpg