PDA

View Full Version : inner throat of LM Radical MP

hyogen
03-03-2008, 07:14 PM
I was about to get one at sports authority but TW is cheaper. however, theirs looks like it COULD be a cheap remake... the inner throat just says stuff like.... L4 swing style. and it does say the head size and string tension recommendations,

but it doesn't say anything about balance, weight, stiffness, length, etc.

can anyone confirm this? or post pics of the inner throat of their LM radical MP?

one last question... TW reviewers said it was one of the most comfortable frames they had hit with recently. the stiffness is 63 ra... the microgel radical mp stiffness is 57.... how do they compare?

Thanks,

meowmix
03-03-2008, 07:17 PM
To be truthful, some have complained of it messing up their arms. To me (this is in comparison to the Flexpoint Radical as I haven't played with the microgel), it's very comfortable. It felt slightly more hefty than the flexpoint, and the swingweight was a little higher. Stiffness wasn't a problem for me, although it was a bit stiffer than the flexpoint

hyogen
03-03-2008, 07:19 PM
wow i see. I guess I should be very wary of frames more than 62 or so ra stiffness then. which could also explain my recent tennis elbow out of the blue after using the MG prestige pro (63). damn my sensitive elbow :X

akoni
03-03-2008, 07:22 PM
i've bought a lm radical mp from tw and a local sports store and both have had the same markings in the inner throat as you described. there was a thread a while back in which people voiced concern over arm problems with the racket, but a lot of it had to do with string setup. up until i switched to my pogs i was playing with the lm rads with syn gut at a low tension and never had any arm problems.

joe1987
03-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Other than the swing rating on 1 side, the other side should have the headsize etc. I've 2 from tw and 2 from the local store. All have the same markings even though those from tw are the new batch. You can tell this as they have a different butt cap.

joe1987
03-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Oh its doesn't say anything about the weight, stiffness and length. Its normal don't worry.

mattyc
03-04-2008, 08:48 AM
can i stress that the arm problems come from the fact that the racquet is strangely low powered for such a light racquet, the result is you need to max out the frame to hit big. as soon as i slapped 50g on to the bat there has not been even the slightest strain in my arm.

lm radical in stock = bad for big hitters and people who have rubbish technique

hyogen
03-04-2008, 12:45 PM
ah thank you.

meowmix
03-04-2008, 04:40 PM
can i stress that the arm problems come from the fact that the racquet is strangely low powered for such a light racquet, the result is you need to max out the frame to hit big. as soon as i slapped 50g on to the bat there has not been even the slightest strain in my arm.

lm radical in stock = bad for big hitters and people who have rubbish technique

So basically LM Radical + X amount of Lead= Insanely sweet for big hitters with great strokes?:)

What about a LM Prestige + X amount of lead?

tennistomcat
03-04-2008, 09:00 PM
I have a liquidmetal Radical MP too & have been working on adding lead like mattyc & so far the racket has been good - been slowly ramping up the weight. I was also wondering about the lm prestige as it weighs quite a bit more than the radical & has pretty good stats - it seems like they may be a lil bit more scarce maybe. I bet a lil more lead on the prestige may make it lethal.

mattyc
03-05-2008, 12:46 AM
its funny u say that about the prestige, the reason i bought the lm radical was that i thought it was just a lighter version of the prestige and becasue in the uk the lm prestige was impossible to get, i bought the radical with the intention to weight it up to the specs of the prestige to make a close carbon copy.

as far as i am aware, the extra 2mm throat thickness makes the radical a tad stiffer, but apart from that i am not sure what is physically different between my leaded radicals and prestiges. But interestingly the amount of spin i am able to generate with radical is significantly greater than prestige. I can still generate heaps of spin with prestige but it is far less loopy and more the kind that has a slight arc then violently dips very late.

all i can say is for some reason prestige plays very diff, it may have a slightly tighter string pattern but i am not sure

TfReAk
03-05-2008, 06:14 AM
I'm from Holland and i have 2 LM Rads. And I have specs @ the inner throat. Since i'm going on holiday to the US soon, I'm thinking about purchasing a third one. Does anybody know if the US version differ from the European version? The only thing that could differ is the balance, I think.

joe1987
03-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Its the same. But I think that those on sale now are the newer batch of Lm rads. Somehow, I really prefer the feel of my 1st two from the older batch.

joe1987
03-05-2008, 02:06 PM
its funny u say that about the prestige, the reason i bought the lm radical was that i thought it was just a lighter version of the prestige and becasue in the uk the lm prestige was impossible to get, i bought the radical with the intention to weight it up to the specs of the prestige to make a close carbon copy.

as far as i am aware, the extra 2mm throat thickness makes the radical a tad stiffer, but apart from that i am not sure what is physically different between my leaded radicals and prestiges. But interestingly the amount of spin i am able to generate with radical is significantly greater than prestige. I can still generate heaps of spin with prestige but it is far less loopy and more the kind that has a slight arc then violently dips very late.

all i can say is for some reason prestige plays very diff, it may have a slightly tighter string pattern but i am not sure

Strange, I could generate a more spinny shot with the prestige. The longer dwell time really benefits my shots there. The radical was really more flickable and I really digged that as I'm playing a lot of doubles now and reaction time is a big thing. I can just snap off some sort of return a lot easier with the radical than with the prestige.

hyogen
03-05-2008, 02:18 PM
i'm liking what i'm hearing about the LM radical mp