PDA

View Full Version : What is the real swingweight of the Head Microgel Prestige Mid plus?

Gee
03-04-2008, 11:38 AM
What is the real swingweight of the Microgel Prestige Mid plus?

On TW the swingweight is 320 but on the USRSA site they rate it 304. I'm really confused about this. I don't know anymore what I must believe about these ratings. What is the correct one?

I guess the USRSA rating is more realistic because I played with the MGMP and it felt lighter than I supposed.

Can anyone explain these different ratings?

sureshs
03-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Strung/unstrung?

SteveI
03-04-2008, 01:26 PM

On TW the swingweight is 320 but on the USRSA site they rate it 304. I'm really confused about this. I don't know anymore what I must believe about these ratings. What is the correct one?

I guess the USRSA rating is more realistic because I played with the MGMP and it felt lighter than I supposed.

Gee,

Ok.. he goes. The way I understand it, TW measures a number of frames in their stock posts the average. TW is posting "strung" specs. As far as the USRSA goes I posted the same question back a while ago.. I did not get an answer fron anyone. The USRSA has a few members on ths site. Give it another shot. The 304 seems low to me for that frame. I would think that the TW number is much more reasonable. BTW the FXP version is 322 and the LM is 325. It would safe to say that Head would make the newest version close since they are trying to get all the Prestige MP users to buy new frames. The "TEAM" versions might be in the 300 range, but not the "REAL" Prestige MPs

Greg Raven
03-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Actually, it's not safe to say that Head would make the new ones like the old ones. The specs on the Prestige Mid seem to be moving all over the place from the "classic" version to the i.Prestige to the LM Prestige to the Flexpoint Prestige to the Microgel Prestige. I don't have the Microgel Prestige MP handy, but I know that the Microgel Prestige Mid has a higher swingweight than the Flexpoint Prestige Mid. I don't see why Head couldn't have lowered the swingweight on the MP.

Gee
03-04-2008, 04:06 PM
I compared the swingweight of the MG MP with my regular frame FXP Radical Tour that has been rated as 325 on TW but it didn't come even close.

That's why I am confused about this.

Groundstrokes are great with my current FXP Radical Tour but the net game is horrible. So I am looking for a better serve and volley stick than the FXP Rad Tour.

jc883
03-04-2008, 07:10 PM
I demo a TW MGP MP three weeks ago, and the strung swingweight felt in the 315 to 320 range. I think the racquet is stable enough during heavy hitting.

SteveI
03-05-2008, 03:23 PM

Hi Gee,

These are the specs from another very large on-line source.

Racquet Specifications
Headsize: 98 sq. in.
Length: 27.00 in.
Weight (strung): 12.00 oz.
Stiffness (Babolat RDC): 64
Balance: 12.60 in. Head Light
Cross Section: 21mm Straight Beam
Swingweight: 313 kg*sq. cm
String Pattern: 18x20
Grip:Head HydroSorb

TW might be bit high. These folks have it at 313 closer, to what you are feeling. 304 is just too low IMHO, with all due respect to Greg Raven.

Regards,
Steve

Anton
03-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi Gee,

These are the specs from another very large on-line source.

Racquet Specifications
Headsize: 98 sq. in.
Length: 27.00 in.
Weight (strung): 12.00 oz.
Stiffness (Babolat RDC): 64
Balance: 12.60 in. Head Light
Cross Section: 21mm Straight Beam
Swingweight: 313 kg*sq. cm
String Pattern: 18x20
Grip:Head HydroSorb

TW might be bit high. These folks have it at 313 closer, to what you are feeling. 304 is just too low IMHO, with all due respect to Greg Raven.

Regards,
Steve

wrong racket - thats MidPlus

SteveI
03-05-2008, 05:07 PM
wrong racket - thats MidPlus

The OP was talking about the Mid Plus

"What is the real swingweight of the Head Microgel Prestige Mid plus?"

Anton
03-05-2008, 09:41 PM
The OP was talking about the Mid Plus

"What is the real swingweight of the Head Microgel Prestige Mid plus?"

DOH! :) 10 chars suck

Anyway the MP I had was 11.8 oz strung - there seems to be a good deal of variance from frame to frame - that explains the differences in SW

SteveI
03-08-2008, 08:22 AM
DOH! :) 10 chars suck

Anyway the MP I had was 11.8 oz strung - there seems to be a good deal of variance from frame to frame - that explains the differences in SW

Hi,

Did you feel the SW was 300? That is quite low. BTW how does USRSA come up with their racket specs?

Steve

Anton
03-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Hi,

Did you feel the SW was 300? That is quite low. BTW how does USRSA come up with their racket specs?

Steve

300? Don't think so, it was about 315-320

SteveI
03-08-2008, 12:20 PM
300? Don't think so, it was about 315-320

Hi Anton,

So.. the 304 still does not seem to make any sense that the USRSA is reporting. In the past I have seen some specs from them.. and said.. Huh.

Have a good one!
Steve

Gee
03-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Maybe those different rates are due to the difference between unstrung and strung ones like sureshs said.

On the USRSA site they don't also mention this detail clearly.