PDA

View Full Version : POG O/S vs NXG O/s vs TT Graphite O/S

AndrewD
12-29-2004, 03:17 AM
Read some mixed reviews of the NXG and the TT Graphite so thought I'd see what people here thought of them. I had the POG in my sights but thought I should look into the other two before I buy. Are they all roughly the same, just different vintages, or is there a notable difference between the models?

Have some difficulty playtesting so advice on them would be appreciated.

radical tourist
12-29-2004, 07:57 PM
Not tried the TT Graphite. POG OS and NXG OS are distinctly different racquets in feel and power at least. NXG is more comfortable and seems to have more power. The extra length might be a problem with the NXG, which I'd say is more of a baseliner's racquet.

Xevoius
12-30-2004, 09:44 AM
Make sure and give this one a test run before you decide on one of those frames. It looks like Coria is using this stick now.

http://www.princetennis.com/o3

ollinger
12-30-2004, 11:02 AM
I've hit with all three, would NOT consider them different vintages of the same line -- each has different and distinctive qualities. I prefer the POG as an all-court weapon, see the other two as less agile and suited for baseline play.
________
Avandia Recall (http://classactionsettlements.org/)

court_zone
12-30-2004, 11:12 AM
I play with the NXG OS and i think it plays well. It's true, i was very surprised with how much power it had but on the other hand it is still very control-oriented. I also tryed hitting volleys with it and i thought it worked very well at the net also. I don't really call it a baseliner's racquet, it's really great all-around. It's the best racquet i played with and i think it's better than the triple threats; i used to play with a triple threat. I don't know about the new O3 though, haven't heard any reviews, it may be better then all these racquets.

bob
12-30-2004, 12:20 PM
I've played with a POG OS for a couple of years and have owned an NXG OS for 4-5 months:

-The NXG has more punch for vollies and overheads than the POG OS
-I liked the feeling from the baseline of the POG OS better than the NXG OS.
-They both served around the same

BTW, I have an NXG OS for sale 4 3/8 grip in 8.75 shape if interested.

Bob A. go-lakers@mindspring.com