PDA

View Full Version : my new used backup racquet!

ohhgourami
03-04-2008, 05:56 PM
ok to start off i play with a k95 16x18 and since i only have one, i was trying to sell off my newbie racquets to buy another k95 but while i was going to another school for a match my friend pull out a racquet. its dull primer black with red and yellow marks on the 2, 4, 8, and 10 o'clock areas on the frame. yup, its a prostaff classic!!!!! i was shocked! and since my friend is clueless about racquets, i asked him where he got it and he said it was from a yard sale! hahaha. since he bought 2 for like $5, he gave me one. best part is, its still in playable condition with just a few paint chips.

i put a new grip on it and took huge cuts at the ball with my fh and wow. i can see why so many people dig this racquet. i was very unsuccessful when i tried to hit bh shots though. and it feels so light when i play with it.

well now i dont need to buy another k95 since i do like this psc very much. for some reason, i still like my k95 more since my bh is actually my better wing.

meowmix
03-04-2008, 07:18 PM
I'll buy it off you for 20 bucks :) No seriously good luck with it. You may want to buy another Prostaff

krchawaii
03-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Dude...that is so sweet!!

The other day, I had this thought where I should check out some garage sells, and maybe someone will unknowingly sell a PSC or POG...for like $10 that would be sweet..your friend got one hell of a deal there

ohhgourami
03-05-2008, 05:05 PM
i was rallying with it after my match today with some teammates today. i think i do like my k95 a lot more. but the psc came with some cheap pink synthetic gut strings so they were laughing at me. i got ****ed off so i was hitting winners left and right. i got the last laugh :twisted:

maybe ill tell my friend to go back to the same place he got the PSCs from to see if the person has some more good old school racquets.

right now, im deciding what to string this racquet with. should i use my last set of kirschbaum pro line II on this or a set of ALU power which i should be getting in the mail tomorrow?