PDA

View Full Version : Wilson ncode nTour 95 customized w/ leather grip?

Mansewerz
03-04-2008, 08:18 PM
i have this racquet that I don't use because of the small headsize (didn't realize it was 95) and its light weight. I was thinking, if I replaced the grip with a nice leathergrip, it would give it some extra heft and make it more headlight (currently even balance strung, 2 pts HL unstrung)

anyone tried this?

Mansewerz
03-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Anyone at all?

meowmix
03-05-2008, 06:31 PM
No, haven't tried it, but it would drive the swingweight up quite high. It would be a nice racket to try though: 11.5 ounces, 7 or 8 points HL, SW of around 335...

40Love
03-05-2008, 07:04 PM
I have my N Tour 2's touching the scale at 11.2 by adding weight under the grip. I wanted the rackets to be slightly head light for doubles. The N and K Tours do need to be slightly heavier in my humble opinion. Don't have any issue with the 95 head size.

meowmix
03-05-2008, 07:08 PM
In stock form, the Ntours actually feel sort of like the K 6-1 Team with a slightly lower swingweight. Quite comfortable, but in my opinion, aren't hefty enough to generate sufficient pace.

BTW Manserz, you have a few too many rackets. You've got a Yonex RQiS tour (or something like that), getting a LM Instinct, and a NTour? Stick with one racket: you'll get much better much quicker.

thejuice
03-05-2008, 07:30 PM
^^^
I actually don't think he has a problem with having so many racquets to try. He will eventually settle with one racquet (or at least racquet spec) and be happy. He is definitely doing it the right way by buying on the FS forum.

Mansewerz
03-06-2008, 05:04 PM
In stock form, the Ntours actually feel sort of like the K 6-1 Team with a slightly lower swingweight. Quite comfortable, but in my opinion, aren't hefty enough to generate sufficient pace.

BTW Manserz, you have a few too many rackets. You've got a Yonex RQiS tour (or something like that), getting a LM Instinct, and a NTour? Stick with one racket: you'll get much better much quicker.

actually, i have 1 racquet that I bought, bad decision, and the others are hand me downs. RDX 500 btw.

hey6519
03-06-2008, 05:22 PM
read my sig. swings very nice feels nice and stable but not to heavy and mine came out at 7 pts. HL

Mansewerz
03-07-2008, 03:40 PM
read my sig. swings very nice feels nice and stable but not to heavy and mine came out at 7 pts. HL

that looks like a great setup. if only i could stretch the head......