PDA

View Full Version : Messed up my grips/handles, NO NO!

morten
03-05-2008, 03:05 AM
Just wanted to make it a bit smaller. Sanded it down, uneaven! it feels as if i have ruined the racket, anything i can do?

Loco4Tennis
03-05-2008, 04:51 AM
i have seen the foaming material in homedepot witch seems similar to the racquet handle stuff, but what i am not sure about is how much this foam stuff compresses with pressure, might want to ask if a low expansion foam material is whats best for racquets, i know their is foam that expands alot, this is provably not what you want
also you could use "duck tape" or any such material in lenght wise pieces as needed to even out the handle, after all its all gonna go under a overgrip anyway
one other good way to level out the feel of the handle would be to try using leather grips after duck tape, they are stiff enough to cover up minor dents and then i would use a softer overgrip ontop of that

bertrevert
03-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah there's 6 sides and it's darn hard to keep it all even, plus there is an epoxy or an hard glue over the foam which first has to be removed (inevitably it chunks off) and should therefore also be replaced when you've actually shaved some foam off, and you have to shave so little off that it's hard to get it right - this really isn't a fun job is it?

I never used sand paper without using a sand paper block and to tell truth I used rather a foam shaper

Anton
03-05-2008, 04:06 PM
what racket is this?

morten
03-07-2008, 03:16 PM
ps 85............

saram
03-07-2008, 03:48 PM
i have seen the foaming material in homedepot witch seems similar to the racquet handle stuff, but what i am not sure about is how much this foam stuff compresses with pressure, might want to ask if a low expansion foam material is whats best for racquets, i know their is foam that expands alot, this is provably not what you want
also you could use "duck tape" or any such material in lenght wise pieces as needed to even out the handle, after all its all gonna go under a overgrip anyway
one other good way to level out the feel of the handle would be to try using leather grips after duck tape, they are stiff enough to cover up minor dents and then i would use a softer overgrip ontop of that

Some solid advice. Good problem solving!

TheShaun
03-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Bondo!!!!!!!!!

Azzurri
03-07-2008, 04:30 PM
what about a new pallet?

meowmix
03-07-2008, 07:50 PM
what about a new pallet?

Hard to find and expensive...:(

Azzurri
03-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Hard to find and expensive...:(

Is this an older model PS 85? Ask for a cracked, unplayable PS 85 in the wanted section if its an older model.

If newer, contact Wilson Sports.

morten
03-11-2008, 10:34 AM
you mean to take the pallet off an old racket? And install it on my racket, but how...? hm...

Chauvalito
03-11-2008, 10:52 AM
I have been planning on doing this, do you think I would have better luck going to a carpenter to shave down a pallet?