PDA

View Full Version : Re: Broke String

montx
03-05-2008, 02:59 AM
Hi,

I recently broke my main strings. For about 3 weeks I forgot (not lazy) to cut off the remaining mains and crosses, should my racquet still be OK?

I do believe it is possible it has been subject to uneven stress but should a new string job solve the problem somewhat by re-evening the tension around the frame evenly?

Thanks for the input, It doesn't look deformend or anything but it does feel like it has been subject to ueven stress, mainly that the vertical tension has been lighter than the cross tension because of the main strings being broke.

Nuke
03-05-2008, 03:18 AM
It doesn't look deformend or anything but it does feel like it has been subject to ueven stress . . .

Hmmm, how does that feel? It's probably just in your head, so don't worry about it if the racquet looks OK. If the racquet really isn't deformed, then it should be OK. Warping from uneven tension was much more of a factor in the days of wood racquets.

nickb
03-05-2008, 03:50 AM
Your racket will be fine...

Nick

Lambsscroll
03-08-2008, 12:18 PM
You can go a whole year and be fine.

chiru
03-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Hmmm, how does that feel? It's probably just in your head, so don't worry about it if the racquet looks OK. If the racquet really isn't deformed, then it should be OK. Warping from uneven tension was much more of a factor in the days of wood racquets.

Yah. as a rule i try to cut em out immediately cuz i baby my prostaffs, but really, it shouldn't be that bad on a non-wood racket.

iplaybetter
03-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Hi,

I recently broke my main strings. For about 3 weeks I forgot (not lazy) to cut off the remaining mains and crosses, should my racquet still be OK?

I do believe it is possible it has been subject to uneven stress but should a new string job solve the problem somewhat by re-evening the tension around the frame evenly?

Thanks for the input, It doesn't look deformend or anything but it does feel like it has been subject to ueven stress, mainly that the vertical tension has been lighter than the cross tension because of the main strings being broke.

yes its fine, dont let anyone tell you otherwise, one string is ok

montx
03-14-2008, 01:08 PM
thanks for the help :)