PDA

View Full Version : 335 to microgel prestige pro

iplaybetter
03-05-2008, 05:16 AM
would it work? i am thinking i might need a slightly less demanding stick, and don't think i want to go to a 320
would it be any better, i would obviously need to hit with it but its been on my mind since i held one at the US open
just thought i would ask the opinion of others

Anton
03-05-2008, 10:17 AM
yea do it - you might want to add a few grams of lead on the top of the PRO's loop to match 335's stability.

Ross K
03-05-2008, 12:04 PM
How exactly is the TF 335 'demanding'? What might the MG PP provide that the TF doesn't?

Anton
03-05-2008, 01:19 PM
How exactly is the TF 335 'demanding'? What might the MG PP provide that the TF doesn't?

less headlight at lower weight.

Also the feel is much better out of MGPP imo

iplaybetter
03-05-2008, 03:05 PM

it is just a realy heavy stick, and when you play a lot it can get a lil much, i doubt i will do anything unless i hit with the head and its great, or i boost my ranking and get a deal from them and not tecnifibre

Ten_nuts
03-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Hi IplayBetter, in my opinion, you shouldn't go with the MG Prestige Pro. There are many issues that you need to worry, or it's best if you can DEMO the Head MG Prestige Pro first. 1st we know that 335 is alot more stable than MG Prestige Pro, 2nd the swing weight of the Pro is too light comparing to 335. As Anton has mentioned above that you can add a few grams lead tape to the Pro, but if you add 10 or 12 grams, it's still much lighter than 335. I've played with 335 string 16x20 or 18x20 for awhile and i think it's the best among the bests (and you are right if you are playing with 335 string 18x20, it's a little too demanding). Have you tried 335 string 16x20 because somehow it's easier to play with than the 335 string 18x20. If you only wanted something just slightly less demanding than the 335, i suggest that you start doing PULL-UP. Don't try to over-do. Instead you can do it little by little, like 3 sets, 1 or 2 and that's it. Never try to pull-up alot, or as many as you can. It's best to do everyday, specially after playing tennis. I am sure in a few weeks you can feel that you have stronger arms, stronger shoulders. By that time you can handle the 335 easily cause you feel stronger and more important you would get used to play with 335. This worked for me and you know what, after 4 months i can pull-up 3 sets, 5 each set. I feel my arms/shoulders getting stronger, but that's not it. By doing pull-up my stomach is flatter, my upper body getting in great shape. Hopefully you know what i mean and this can help you. Oh, the Head MG Prestige MP is sucked if you don't add lead tape to 3 & 9, around 12 grams.

iplaybetter
03-05-2008, 03:26 PM
i do use the 16x20 and string it a lil lower than i wish i could, i am just speaking in a hypothetical well maybe sense

Anton
03-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Hi IplayBetter, in my opinion, you shouldn't go with the MG Prestige Pro. There are many issues that you need to worry, or it's best if you can DEMO the Head MG Prestige Pro first. 1st we know that 335 is alot more stable than MG Prestige Pro, 2nd the swing weight of the Pro is too light comparing to 335. As Anton has mentioned above that you can add a few grams lead tape to the Pro, but if you add 10 or 12 grams, it's still much lighter than 335. I've played with 335 string 16x20 or 18x20 for awhile and i think it's the best among the bests (and you are right if you are playing with 335 string 18x20, it's a little too demanding). Have you tried 335 string 16x20 because somehow it's easier to play with than the 335 string 18x20. If you only wanted something just slightly less demanding than the 335, i suggest that you start doing PULL-UP. Don't try to over-do. Instead you can do it little by little, like 3 sets, 1 or 2 and that's it. Never try to pull-up alot, or as many as you can. It's best to do everyday, specially after playing tennis. I am sure in a few weeks you can feel that you have stronger arms, stronger shoulders. By that time you can handle the 335 easily cause you feel stronger and more important you would get used to play with 335. This worked for me and you know what, after 4 months i can pull-up 3 sets, 5 each set. I feel my arms/shoulders getting stronger, but that's not it. By doing pull-up my stomach is flatter, my upper body getting in great shape. Hopefully you know what i mean and this can help you. Oh, the Head MG Prestige MP is sucked if you don't add lead tape to 3 & 9, around 12 grams.

12grams seems excessive 4-6 grams between 2 and 10 is as far as I go - VERY stable.

Ten_nuts
03-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Iplaybetter, i bet that you'll get the Head MG Prestige Pro sooner or later. Like me, i had it in my mind and i couldn't stop thinking about it until i bought 1, had it strung, and played. Actually the Head MG Prestige Pro is 1 of the solid, cool racquets out there. I agree with Anton that it's much better if you add lead tape on it. Depends on how much swing weight you can handle and add approximately. what are you waiting for? Go and get it.

iplaybetter
03-06-2008, 05:52 AM
i5ts on my list of possible sticks to get