PDA

View Full Version : Which racket has more power and control?

sonicboi21
03-05-2008, 05:29 AM
Which is better?
[K] Six.One Tour?
or Babolat Pure Drive Roddick Plus Racquets
or Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex Racquets?

racquetfreak
03-05-2008, 05:46 AM
k six-one has the control, babs have the power that needs to be controlled

Racket-Junkie
03-05-2008, 05:50 AM
k6.1 tour only has control if you have good tecknique, otherwise the ball sails on you, even with good technique it still might sail (see Federer in the first round of Dubai).

tzinc
03-05-2008, 06:48 AM
Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex

DonBot
03-05-2008, 07:01 AM
One of the difficult problems in answering your question is that either the racquet is going to be more control oriented or it is going to be more power oriented. I have a hard time thinking of any that do both well. I like the pdr+ it is fun and with enough spin it is controllable. I think it volleys better than probably anyone else on these boards. Of the three sticks you listed that would be the one I would buy. I love the k90 and it is probably my favorite racquet, but you really need to bring your A game 100% of the time, If I only could own one racquet from the list it would probably be the pdr.

jasonchu
03-05-2008, 10:16 PM
power @ 1 / control

Josherer
03-06-2008, 02:44 AM
k6.1 tour only has control if you have good tecknique, otherwise the ball sails on you, even with good technique it still might sail (see Federer in the first round of Dubai).

Ahhhh..... um... you do know that Federer is using a paint job right? :)

Automatix
03-06-2008, 02:58 AM
Which is better?
[K] Six.One Tour?

[K]Six-One Tour is the control oriented players racquet from you list... the last two are somewhat tweeners, and from these the most powerful is the Pure Drive Roddick Plus...

Eros
03-06-2008, 04:13 AM
[K]Six-One Tour is the control oriented players racquet from you list

I tested K six.one team. It's tru that it's very very control oriented, but players with good technique can shoot at very good speed. It's not a simple racket as babolats are

nickarnold2000
03-06-2008, 06:38 AM
One of the difficult problems in answering your question is that either the racquet is going to be more control oriented or it is going to be more power oriented. I have a hard time thinking of any that do both well. I like the pdr+ it is fun and with enough spin it is controllable. I think it volleys better than probably anyone else on these boards. Of the three sticks you listed that would be the one I would buy. I love the k90 and it is probably my favorite racquet, but you really need to bring your A game 100% of the time, If I only could own one racquet from the list it would probably be the pdr.
Hey, so you can switch from the K90, go to the PDR+ and still keep the ball in? How much time does it take you to get used to the Bab stick each time?

JediMindTrick
03-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Ahhhh..... um... you do know that Federer is using a paint job right? :)

How do you know he is using a paintjob?

danb
03-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Which is better?
[K] Six.One Tour?

You never get both:
[K] Six.One Tour = a lot of control

Babolat Pure Drive Roddick Plus Racquets - a lot of power
Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex Racquets - a lot of power

Since I like swinging and generating my own power I would choose [K] Six.One Tour. I never played with anything less than 12 oz or bigger head than 93. It is all up to what do you want - more control (and you have to swing for real to generate the power) or more power (and you better be able to control it)...

nickarnold2000
03-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Hey, so you can switch from the K90, go to the PDR+ and still keep the ball in? How much time does it take you to get used to the Bab stick each time?
Hey, DonBot - you out there man?

quest01
03-06-2008, 10:38 PM
I would say the K90 has more control while the PDR+ has more power while the Aeropro is in between. Out of the three if I was playing seriously I would choose the PDR+.

nickarnold2000
03-07-2008, 05:58 AM
I'm coming from the RDS 001 mid and it has enough power for opponents 5.0 and under. However, against 5.5 open players I feel I need a little extra power to bail me out at times(I'm turning 45 soon). I'll definitely need to weight the APDC up to 340+ (but keeping it head light) for more stability.
I worry that the stiffness of the PDR+ will start giving me arm problems as well as being too powerful.