PDA

View Full Version : microgel prestige mid or mplus....

tnkGod4tns
03-05-2008, 12:45 PM
that is the question, am coming from a pc 600 mid, just curious about the performance of each racket??

quest01
03-05-2008, 01:19 PM
I demoed the mid while I played a few sets with the midplus when I used the racket at the tennis club I play in. I would have to say the midplus is by far the better racket, the MP and the pro versions are both much better then the mid. If you look at the reviews of all 3 rackets on TW you would see the mid rated far lower then the MP and PRO versions of the Prestige.

Gee
03-05-2008, 01:25 PM
The mid felt much better to me due to the higher weight but on the contrary hitting spin shots were more difficult than with the midplus. I also noticed I played somewhat flatter with the mid than I used to with my regular FXP Radical Tour. However I can serve a lot better with the mid. Not very strange because of the smaller headsize and heavier weight.
I read several times on this forum that the MG Mid plays similar to the PC600 only with a tad more pop and a more dampening feeling.

BallBeemer
03-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Having played with the Mid it feels really well. Reading many reviews about the mid it is similiar to the classic prestige. The Mid gives really nice serves and volleys but the spin is a little bit harder to generate.

jasonchu
03-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I demoed the mid while I played a few sets with the midplus when I used the racket at the tennis club I play in. I would have to say the midplus is by far the better racket, the MP and the pro versions are both much better then the mid. If you look at the reviews of all 3 rackets on TW you would see the mid rated far lower then the MP and PRO versions of the Prestige.

can you be more specific. the posts i checked say the mid is better, and the feedback on TW's retail page say the mid is better.

i'd like to read those reviews as i am making this decision myself.

bcast66
03-09-2008, 08:37 AM
i personally love the mid sized over the midplus. on the midplus i would always hit off center for some reason. my favorite racquet of all time though is definitly the k90 to bad it is to heavy for my taste. if it was 12.2 oz and 7-9 pts hl i would buy 4 right now because that string pattern is so amazing.

miniRafa386
03-09-2008, 08:40 AM
i hit with all three, i personally liked the pro the best, it had a tid bit more pop, a little easier to swing, and was more spin friendly. as for the mid and the mid+, i would use the mid plus because its a little lighter and easier to move, even though with the mid, you could pinpoint your shots, but your arm would feel dead after you played with it (unless you have arms like monfils.)