PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Stringing on K-Tour

bis2806
03-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Hi there,

I just bought the Wilson Factor K-Tour racket (used by Lindsay Davenport - thought of course not), and I tried the hybrid stringing with the combination of Babolat Pro Hurricane 17 (mains) and Babolat VS Natural Gut 15L (crosses). Both are strung at a tension of 60 lbs.

After playing with this racket several times, I find that I have less "pop" on my shots. And I can't hit as hard as I did with my N-tour racket, which was not hybrid-strung but it was strung also at 60 lbs.

Is there something wrong with my choice of strings? Or do I just have to get used to it?

nickb
03-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Did your old racket have poly in it?

Polyester is low powered...

Nick

bis2806
03-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Old racket was with Gamma Synthetic Gut 16

nickb
03-05-2008, 01:32 PM
If you have not used polyester before its no suprise you are finding them low powered...next time drop the tension 5%-10% on the pro hurricane (keeping the gut at your normal tension of 60lbs)...you could also use a thinner 16g or 17g gut for more power.

Nick

bis2806
03-05-2008, 01:36 PM
My intention was to try Hybrid because pros do it, haha. But Lindsay's string is VS Gut 15L, and probably strung at a much higher tension than 60 lbs. How the hell does she get all of that precision though?

My shots doesn't hit the corners and the lines that much with this hybrid stringing. I don't know if the combination of a 15L and 17 gut messes it up?

nickb
03-05-2008, 01:43 PM
My intention was to try Hybrid because pros do it, haha. But Lindsay's string is VS Gut 15L, and probably strung at a much higher tension than 60 lbs. How the hell does she get all of that precision though?

My shots doesn't hit the corners and the lines that much with this hybrid stringing. I don't know if the combination of a 15L and 17 gut messes it up?

She is a pro!...and yes she will be stringing over 70lbs.

Pro's have all the power they need so string tight for extra control..

Why not just go back to the Gamma Syn Gut if you like it?

BTW Lindsay has not switched rackets and she never used the NTour. She uses a old hyper hammer frame.

Nick