PDA

View Full Version : M-Fils vs AeroGels

In)SpiRe
03-05-2008, 03:09 PM
I really like this M-Fil 300 demo that I got from a friend, and I know with good strings it could be even better. But do yall think it would just be better to get the AeroGel instead? I mean the M-Fil are going out of production anywayz and if they play the same, then might as well get used to the new one right? Just a thought, what do yall think?

Main question I'm looking to answer: I really like the M-Fil 300, does the AeroGel 300 play the same and should I just get the AeroGel instead of the M-Fil?

In)SpiRe
03-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Also, curious, can the AeroGel 200 compare to any of these? If anyone can compare, that would be much appreciated.

Mr. Blond
03-05-2008, 04:11 PM
I really like this M-Fil 300 demo that I got from a friend, and I know with good strings it could be even better. But do yall think it would just be better to get the AeroGel instead? I mean the M-Fil are going out of production anywayz and if they play the same, then might as well get used to the new one right? Just a thought, what do yall think?

Main question I'm looking to answer: I really like the M-Fil 300, does the AeroGel 300 play the same and should I just get the AeroGel instead of the M-Fil?

I have tried both the AG and the MFIL I personally preferred the mfil....it seemed to swing a lot nicer. The AG to me was not as soft, and seemed less head light.

for the price the mfil cant be beat.....so forget the technology...just get the stick that feels the best and costs the least.

Just my 2 cents....there will prolly be many who see it different.

LanEvo
03-05-2008, 04:52 PM
i have the mfil 300 and its very nice, i heard on many reviews the mfil is better than ag because its more stable and has better feel

meowmix
03-05-2008, 06:18 PM
If you like the M-fil and plan on playing with it for a while, grab up 5 or 6 sticks. If you're playing competetive, you'll need at least 3 sticks anyways, and you can get these for 1/2 the price of the aerogels.

racquet_jedi
03-05-2008, 06:21 PM

If you're looking to save money and your grip-size is 4 1/2 or more, then you should get the M-Fil, if you really like it, since TW still has several...

If you don't mind the extra cost and are looking for a frame that is easier to find, go ahead and try out the Aerogel, but I'm not sure how different it is from the M-Fil, the difference shouldn't be that much, but to some, it could be everything...

Redflea
03-05-2008, 09:25 PM
The AG300 is a little more powerful and a little more dampened than the MFil. For me, the balance on the AG feels more head-heavy than advertised. I bought an AG and went back to the MFil due to the difference in the feel of the balance between the two. Other than that, I liked it.

But...for the money, unless you don't care about the difference in price, I'd get the MFil. They are still pretty easy to find new, and plentiful used. Unless you're the type who goes through a lot of racquets quickly, you could pick up enough to last you a long time for a relatively small amount of money...

In)SpiRe
03-06-2008, 04:42 AM
The AG300 is a little more powerful and a little more dampened than the MFil. For me, the balance on the AG feels more head-heavy than advertised. I bought an AG and went back to the MFil due to the difference in the feel of the balance between the two. Other than that, I liked it.

But...for the money, unless you don't care about the difference in price, I'd get the MFil. They are still pretty easy to find new, and plentiful used. Unless you're the type who goes through a lot of racquets quickly, you could pick up enough to last you a long time for a relatively small amount of money...

Couldn't you just modify the AG 300 to be more headlight though?

Automatix
03-06-2008, 06:33 AM
I honestly prefer the M-Fil series... I wish there was an M-Fil 100 :( it could be even better than the Aerogel 100...

What can I say... I prefer the M-Fil 200/300, find the M-Fil 400 and AG 400 the same, and really like AG 100...

slice-o-maniac
03-06-2008, 07:44 PM
I honestly prefer the M-Fil series... I wish there was an M-Fil 100 :( it could be even better than the Aerogel 100...

What can I say... I prefer the M-Fil 200/300, find the M-Fil 400 and AG 400 the same, and really like AG 100...

wasn't there an HM100? or MW100? just curious there might've been a Mfil100 haha... just a thought

BOZO
03-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Maybe you can referrence, I prefer AG200more than M-Fil 200. Actually, I don't think they are much different though. AG200 just gave me thicker solid feel and power.

tbini87
03-06-2008, 08:39 PM

how long do you stick with the same racquet? i personally would go with the m-fil and save the money. by the time you run through a few of those the aerogels might even be on sell...

Automatix
03-06-2008, 11:40 PM
wasn't there an HM100? or MW100? just curious there might've been a Mfil100 haha... just a thought

There was a Hot Melt 100G and Muscle Weave 200G 90 (so you might call it MW 100G)... and I have played both and I really really REALLY loved the MW but I could get my hand on only one :(

Unfortunately there wasn't a M-Fil 100...

Redflea
03-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Couldn't you just modify the AG 300 to be more headlight though?

Didn't because - 1) I wanted to keep the overall weight down, and 2) I didn't think the AG300 was worth the extra $ to do so and get a few for my main stick.

naboo123
04-07-2008, 06:34 PM
aerogel 300 feels more solid and stable also more head light. M-fil is more harsh on missing the sweetspot. other than that there the same. IF i were u i would just get mfil 300 because of the price.

hope it helped:)

Chicken Neck
04-09-2008, 01:22 PM
I found the AG300 to be quite a bit more powerful than the than the
M-fil 300. In fact, I found the power and playability of the AG300 to be
closer to that of the M-fil 400 than it is to that of the M-fil 300.