PDA

View Full Version : Places to hide lead tape?!?!?!

User Name
03-05-2008, 04:50 PM
I have a paint job racquet and dont want to mess up the paint with lead tape, since it is rather difficult to take off and can pull up paint. Where else could i put it on a prince o3 white? thanks. I know about putting it under the head gaurd, but are there any other ideas? thanks.

Pleepers
03-05-2008, 05:28 PM
With the prince o3 frames I don't think there are a lot of places to hide lead. If you have a "pj" frame it probably allready has weight placed at locations for the intended player. That's why I like the Head pj frames...you can place lead just about anywhere under the CAP grommets.

iplaybetter
03-05-2008, 05:56 PM
in the O3 ports, and under the grommets/bumper or you could inject it

PrestigeClassic
03-06-2008, 04:00 AM
In an attempt to answer question...

Before applying and if wanting to keep all decals or paint intact upon removal, you may remove some of the adhesion of lead tape by dabbing at it with your skin (or other hard object if you're really anal about trapping skin oils).

The only other thing that comes to mind is applying another type of tape between the frame and lead tape, but some tapes might leave residue, especially when playing in sunny conditions, which doesn't seem to happen with the usual lead tape.

notujoo
03-06-2008, 10:14 AM
do you want it head heavy or head light? im assuming its head heavy... i think you should put it baround the speed port
?

master_stringer_mitchy
03-06-2008, 12:14 PM
i was kinda wondering about this too! i have the speedport blacks and am goin to add 16g under the grip, then 8 g in the head, does the tape fit fine on the edges or am i best just going at the flat bits at 10 and 2?