PDA

View Full Version : Is The Kblade Team $100 Better Than The Nblade 106?

BlaackSheeep
03-05-2008, 08:36 PM
I guess the title says it all. Is the Kblade Team priced at $189 $100 better than the $89 Nblade 106?

nn
03-06-2008, 12:10 AM
answer is no go with 106 from experience

Racket-Junkie
03-06-2008, 07:03 AM
I prefer the nBlades much more than the k series. The only issue with the nBlade is cracking at the throat. The difference for me was the nBlade is very comfortable where as the kBlade has a lot more feedback and is "pingy" for lack of a better descrptive term. I have very bad tennis elbow and had to put the kblade down after 30 minutes and finish the match with my nblade, which even while cracked was more comfortable, though strings also help with that. The nBlade also had a lot more pop on the serve even though they are about the same weight. Keep in mind this is an nblade mp v kblade mp comparison, I have not tried the team or os versions.

KFwinds
03-06-2008, 07:40 AM
Keep in mind this is an nblade mp v kblade mp comparison, I have not tried the team or os versions.

So, basically your post is worthless since the OP was asking about the Team vs. the OS which are completely different sticks.

satchman
03-06-2008, 05:57 PM
If you're on a budget, I'd go for the nBlade 106 because of the price discount for nCodes and the fact that KFactors are perhaps new paintjobs of their nCode counterparts.

You can even consider the nTour 2 105?

Besides, 2 sq inchs doesn't really make that big a difference? :)

meowmix
03-06-2008, 06:07 PM
If you're really interested in a good OS frame, check out the POGOS, O3 Tour OS, and Agassi OS.

BustedString
03-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Where are you finding the nBlade at?

Personally, I'm a big fan of the kBlade Team right now. I love the Power Holes because they have definitely added some pop to my game. In addition I think it has a crisper feeling than the nBlade did. I can't recall if the nBlade had Power Holes.

So, IMHO, it is worth the extra $100 for the kBlade Team because it is the real deal.

canuckfan
03-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Where are you finding the nBlade at?

Personally, I'm a big fan of the kBlade Team right now. I love the Power Holes because they have definitely added some pop to my game. In addition I think it has a crisper feeling than the nBlade did. I can't recall if the nBlade had Power Holes.

So, IMHO, it is worth the extra $100 for the kBlade Team because it is the real deal.

Hey montognese, could you comment on the stability of the kblade team from the baseline and at the net? I'd also be interested to hear about serve performance and overall spin generation. I don't have demo access and I'd really like an informed opinion.

BustedString
04-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Sorry for the late reply!

I'm a 4.0M who plays singles and doubles to help frame my reply.

The stability of the kBlade Team at the net is excellent, especially for off-center hits. At the baseline it is way above average. It is a very flexible racquet so once you adjust to that it works out very well. This is a racquet where you can just quickly stick it out there and have a nice percentage of your defensive shots go in.

For serve performance it is good, I definitely need to have good form because it doesn't seem to forgive much on it but if I'm doing what I need to the serves have great power.

I can generate topspin and slice quite nicely on this. I've always had an issue flattening out my shots and that is no different with this guy.

Can you tell that I'm in love? ;-)