PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever kill their racquet

Arbartrator
03-05-2008, 09:44 PM
i just saw hewitt do it on tv and i was woundering do people get mad and kill their racquets or its just the pros that do that cause their sponsered.

mverdugo
03-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Yes--embarassingly too many times. Almost did tonight but I thought of my 1 1/2 year old daughter before I got too crazy. Don't ever want her to see me do that. Having said that--hard to change the spots off of a leopard. In the end, not worth it--only a game

origmarm
03-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Too many times, it hurts the wallet

Commando Tennis Shorts
03-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Not smart and not classy...Unfortunately, the last tournament I was in, I tossed my racquets to the ground a few times. Fortunately, they didn't crack or break. I was kicking myself later, though, because it's not classy and I only embarrassed myself in the end.

chiru
03-06-2008, 01:04 AM
im using ps85's. i dont think i could EVER throw them. now if i ever switch rackets...

Pro Staff Pete
03-06-2008, 01:25 AM
^^^ respect

I actually killed about 10... and not proud of it. Now I know that my current stick is discontinued and loving it so much, my racquet never again leaves my hand while on the court :)

0d1n
03-06-2008, 02:20 AM
Even when I'm tempted...I still don't do it. I know it's my footwork (or lack thereof) that contributed to the bad shot much more than the racket :). So ... it is me ... and not the racket. Since I'm too narcissistic to kill myself ;) ... I just "get over it" and start the next point.

Pro Staff Pete
03-06-2008, 02:28 AM
Obviously you can't blame the racquet :D But yeah.. sometimes when angry.. you need to throw something.. first thing that appears.. ;) That's how I wrecked all my sticks.

NickJ
03-06-2008, 03:28 AM
Does the racquet slipping out of my hand when serving. Hand was sweaty, served, heard a crack, watched my racquet bounce its way end over end towards the net!
Goodbye faithful friend.
Not so much 'killed', more death by negligence. I'm sure there's a proper legal term for it . . .

NickJ
03-06-2008, 03:29 AM
Does the racquet slipping out of my hand when serving. Hand was sweaty, served, heard a crack, watched my racquet bounce its way end over end towards the net!
Goodbye faithful friend.
Not so much 'killed', more death by negligence. I'm sure there's a proper legal term for it . . .

Does the racquet slipping out of my hand when serving COUNT? (was what I meant to write.)

Josherer
03-06-2008, 03:45 AM
When i was younger and mentally weak, i snapped a few Flexpoint Radicals :)

Sentinel
03-06-2008, 03:48 AM
I love my PS 95, would not swat a fly with it!

NickJ
03-06-2008, 04:00 AM
I love my PS 95, would not swat a fly with it!

It was a PS 95 a broke . . . sniffle.

J011yroger
03-06-2008, 04:19 AM
Last week I almost snapped one in half over my knee.

All in all I am pretty good, busted a few, mostly when I was trying to play hurt.

J

uk_skippy
03-06-2008, 04:50 AM
Too many times, it hurts the wallet

Agreed. Been there to many times, but not broken a rqt in years. Can't remember the last one I totalled.

im using ps85's. i dont think i could EVER throw them. now if i ever switch rackets...

Many years ago I broke 2 PS85's in one day, and then broke another a weel later. Not proud, but it must have felt good at the time.....for a micro-second

Regards

Paul

origmarm
03-06-2008, 06:59 AM
Last week I almost snapped one in half over my knee.
All in all I am pretty good, busted a few, mostly when I was trying to play hurt.
J

I see a correlation :)

Damn you must have really given it a smack

fuzz nation
03-06-2008, 07:16 AM
I held a stringjob accountable on a bad day and decommissioned on a netpost, but the frame was fine. It wasn't even a great loss since I string my own... sure felt better though.