PDA

View Full Version : new wilson k tour

Eros
03-06-2008, 02:53 AM
HI!
I’m a new entry in this forum. I introduce myself: my name is Eros and I live in Milan in Italy. I’m happy to have the oppurtunity di meet and talk with new tennislovers. And would like to talk with you about rackets. In Usa you use much more models than here in Italy, ‘cause here people buy only the rackets used by the pro.

I wolud ask you if anybody have demo the wilson k tour (the new justin henin ‘s racket). In Italy is not easy to find it. I tested the wilson six.one team and I would like to understand the differences.

Thank you very much
(and sorry for my “spaghetti” english)

Eros
03-06-2008, 04:53 AM
HI!
I’m a new entry in this forum. I introduce myself: my name is Eros and I live in Milan in Italy. I’m happy to have the oppurtunity di meet and talk with new tennislovers. And would like to talk with you about rackets. In Usa you use much more models than here in Italy, ‘cause here people buy only the rackets used by the pro.

I wolud ask you if anybody have demo the wilson k tour (the new justin henin ‘s racket). In Italy is not easy to find it. I tested the wilson six.one team and I would like to understand the differences.

Thank you very much
(and sorry for my “spaghetti” english)

Sorry!
And anyone have ever tested also the difference between wilson k six.one team, k blade 98 and head radical liquindmetal mp?

Thank you very much

Gemini
03-06-2008, 04:55 AM
I've recently hit with the New K-Tour for about 30 minutes and I actually enjoyed it for the most part. My regular racquet is the Fischer Pro No. 1.

The K-Tour was relatively comfortable when playing with it. I didn't have any out-of-ordinary discomfort. The only thing I noticed in terms of comfort is that my hand was a bit sore after playing with it but this was due to the lighter weight and me having to "swing out" on the ball more than I'm used to.

Groundstrokes were good though not exceptional. I really noticed the balance (head-heaviness) of the racquet and I couldn't take my normal loop swing. If I did attempt a loop backswing, I was often late at the point of contact and lost quite a bit of power. I found it best to take a relatively straight backswing and drive up and through the shot making sure to extend as far as possible. I got good depth but they lacked weight according to my hitting partner. I'm assuming this was because the racquet is a relatively light frame.

I couldn't quite dial-in on serves due to the head-heavy balance of the racquet but I did get good speed on the serves I timed well. The speed wasn't overwhelming though. Very good spin potential.

Volleys were average for me. Once again, the head-heavy balance made it a little difficult to steady the racquet and the light weight made it difficult to handle a heavy ball.

Just so you know, I'm a player that likes a racquet that plays very "crisp" and gives a lot of feedback without being harsh. The K Tour is very muted which for me leads to an average appeal. It's a good racquet (I'd use it to give lessons if I were a teaching pro) but it wouldn't be my game day racquet. I play 5.0+ here in Atlanta, GA.

Eros
03-06-2008, 05:11 AM
Thank you Gemini,
and do you know the differenze between k tour and k six.one tour.
I tested the second one and even if it’s very light weigh, the ball exits from the racket very speed and very heavy (but you have to have a good technique).

eros

Nellie
03-06-2008, 10:01 AM
The Ktour stiffer and more head heavy than the K.6.1 tour,

The K.6.1 Tour is slightly heavier and has denser strings.

I have tried both racquets - in my humble opinion, the Ktour is a better racquet for baseline rallies and better topspin.

The K.6.1. tour is okay but feels very underpowered (due to light weight, dense strings, and flexible frame). It essentially allows you to play with a racquet that looks like Federer's but is much lighter. It is not a bad racquet for serve and volley because it is lightning fast for vollies..

meowmix
03-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Thank you Gemini,
and do you know the differenze between k tour and k six.one tour.
I tested the second one and even if it’s very light weigh, the ball exits from the racket very speed and very heavy (but you have to have a good technique).

eros

I hope you're mistaken. The K 6-1 Tour is a 90 cm2 frame that weighs 12.5 ounces in stock form with a leather grip. The K Tour is a 10.7 ounce racket with a frame size of 95. The K 6-1 Tour is supposedly the new racket of Roger Federer. It's a VERY demanding frame, much more so than the K Tour.

Comparing K 6-1 Team and LM Radical, I must say that they are VERY similar. I thought the Team swung heavier and hit a heavier, more penetrating ball. Thought the Radical had less response than the Team. The radical was better at net though, much more stable.

meowmix
03-06-2008, 05:48 PM
The Ktour stiffer and more head heavy than the K.6.1 tour,

The K.6.1 Tour is slightly heavier and has denser strings.

I have tried both racquets - in my humble opinion, the Ktour is a better racquet for baseline rallies and better topspin.

The K.6.1. tour is okay but feels very underpowered (due to light weight, dense strings, and flexible frame). It essentially allows you to play with a racquet that looks like Federer's but is much lighter. It is not a bad racquet for serve and volley because it is lightning fast for vollies..

K 6-1 Tour? I must be getting confused:confused: The Tour is a very heavy (by today's standards) frame and weighs 12.5 ounces. It's cannot be that much lighter than Federer's frame, after all, it is 12.5 ounces.

Eros
03-06-2008, 10:46 PM
I hope you're mistaken. The K 6-1 Tour is a 90 cm2 frame that weighs 12.5 ounces in stock form with a leather grip. The K Tour is a 10.7 ounce racket with a frame size of 95. The K 6-1 Tour is supposedly the new racket of Roger Federer. It's a VERY demanding frame, much more so than the K Tour.

Comparing K 6-1 Team and LM Radical, I must say that they are VERY similar. I thought the Team swung heavier and hit a heavier, more penetrating ball. Thought the Radical had less response than the Team. The radical was better at net though, much more stable.

Yes, You're on right. I internded k six.one team

Gemini
03-07-2008, 06:12 AM
Yes. I tested the K6.1 Team when it first debuted. It was SLIGHTLY more to my liking than the K Tour due to a few things. First, the balance of the racquet was better fit for me being evenly balanced. The one I played with was actually about 0.5 pts headlight. I was able to take my usual loop swing. Second, it was just a bit heavier in terms of weight also so that was good in terms of volleys for me. Related to that was the swingweight was a bit more manageable. Those are the positives for me.

The negatives of the K6.1 Team (positives of the K Tour) are the 18x20 string pattern. K Tour has 16x20 which made for nice access to spin. Not that the K6.1 Team isn't a spin-friendly racquet. I just found it easier to access heavy spin with the K Tour.

Also, I preferred the slightly longer length of the K Tour. 0.25 in isn't much at first glance but it helps my one-handed backhand in terms of leverage.