PDA

View Full Version : Redondo / Heritage type C Rendondo

jatnut
03-06-2008, 04:58 AM
Which of version of these racquets would you recommend and why?

basil J
03-06-2008, 07:55 AM
do a search on the redondo. it's the biggest thread on this board...

jatnut
03-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Thanks for you reply Basil. I have read through the entire redondo thread but the Redondo guys seem so enthusiatic about their frame :X
that they stray all over the place between versions and headsize. The play test comparisons are great but I really just wanted a focused response on what TW now offers. If no one else chimes in then that will have do :X

Thanks again. BTW do you have a mid in 4 1/2 that you want to get sell / trade :X

thejuice
03-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Hey jatnut,

Being one of the original Redondo club members (and still a member I might add), the Redondo thread has so much information about different aspects of the Redondo Mid and MP that you would have to be more specific in what you're asking. Question for you, why didn't you just post your question in the Redondo thread? Like Basil said, it's one of the largest and most viewed threads on these boards. Someone would answer your question in that thread, no matter how vague.

jasonchu
03-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks for you reply Basil. I have read through the entire redondo thread but the Redondo guys seem so enthusiatic about their frame :X
that they stray all over the place between versions and headsize. The play test comparisons are great but I really just wanted a focused response on what TW now offers. If no one else chimes in then that will have do :X

Thanks again. BTW do you have a mid in 4 1/2 that you want to get sell / trade :X

TW will have more selection for the redondo soon. see my post re: the new release of redondos by pro kennex with the factory shipping on march 26, and arrival in the usa by april (about 10-14 days later). at that point, email info @tennis-warehouse.com and ask them to stock it again... in fact all redondoites should so this.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=184131

jason

anirut
03-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Janut,

I saw your post yesterday but have not the time to answer. However, I think you've missed understood something here.

The Redondo is the short form of "Heritage Type C Redondo Edition". There's also the "orginal" Laver Heritage Type C (AKA: Type C).

Here's what I have copied from TW about the original Type C:

Mid
The thin straight beam, 93 sq. inch head size and leather grip hints to a serious player's stick. In this instance, first impressions are correct. The Type C delivers a solid performance for players with long fast swings. The combination of a 12.4 ounce static weight and an eight points head light balance make the Type C both maneuverable and stable in play. On longer strokes, advanced players will find the Type C easy to accelerate through the ball while there is plenty of feel to be had for slower placement shots. Both topspin and slice can be developed in predictable quantities depending on player swing speed and angle of swing. Best suited to faster swinging 4.0+ level players.

Head Size:
93 sq. in. / 600 sq. cm.
Length: 27 inches / 69 cm
Strung Weight: 12.4oz / 352g
Balance: 8pts Head Light
Swingweight: 330
Stiffness: 60
Beam Width: 20 mm Straight Beam
Composition: 80% Graphite / 20% Kevlar
Power Level: Low
Swing Speed: Fast
Grip Type: Leather
String Pattern:
18 Mains / 20 Crosses
Mains skip: 8T,10T,8H,10H
Two Piece
No shared holes
String Tension: 55-68 pounds

Midplus
A classic, control oriented racquet for the player who likes the feel of a Midplus head size. The straight beam and tight string pattern are all about control and feel - and this racquet offers plenty of both. At just over 12 ounces strung, the Type C 98 is solid and comfortable at impact, even on off-center hits. A versatile racquet, the Type C 98 is a useful tool in the hands of net rushing, all-court or baseline players. Best suited to medium to fast swinging 4.0+ level players.

Midplus Specs
Head Size:
98 sq. in. / 632 sq. cm.
Length: 27 inches / 69 cm
Strung Weight: 12.3oz / 349g
Balance: 8pts Head Light
Swingweight: 332
Stiffness: 57
Beam Width: 20 mm Straight Beam
Composition: 80% Graphite / 20% Kevlar
Power Level: Low
Swing Speed: Fast
Grip Type: Leather
String Pattern:
18 Mains / 20 Crosses
Mains skip: 8T,10T,8H,10H
Two Piece
No shared holes
String Tension: 55-68 pounds

Hope this could be of help to you. Don't be angry. People who like flexy rackets are always flexible, don't you think so?

basil J
03-06-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't have any redondo's for sale. sorry.

jatnut
03-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks to all those who responded especially Anirut who
clarified my misunderstanding of redondo speak :).

Here is my pridicament. Coming back to tennis from 19 years of
nada started swinging like Im 20 got TE and injured my shoulder.

I was a Prince Graphite junky but after the injuries I hit with a K6.1 95
loved it but with the weight etc shoulder and arm didnt feel happy after 3 sets. Bought the team and though lighter with decent control it still didnt
have "the feel". Shoulder was great but elbow wasnt overjoyed. Bought the
Prokennex 5G everybody happy but still something missing. Got the Ki 5 which is a little better but still aint cutting it. Went to yonex bought RDX's 500HD and MID sweet sticks but something missing. Heard about the RDS 002T, bought a demo, waiting to testdrive. All in all based on the way my arm feels even after 5 sets I just keep hearing the haunting Prokennex. However based on the posts that I have read the DNX 10 also seems like fair game.

I KNOW THAT DEMO-ING is the way to go but here in Canada thats not really an option. (Im left to tinkering with strings and lead tape).

So here is my question:
Given my situation and that Im just getting back into shape and no spring chicken, given that you have played with both racquets if you were to choose
which would you buy?

Thanks much

rabidcow
03-07-2008, 02:52 PM
I think the Redondo is going to be easier to find than the original Type C, and the Redondo is liked more in general however I don't think you can go wrong with either one

jatnut
03-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks guys.

Bought one from TW. It is NY now and will be home in time for Saturdays hit :)

anirut
03-12-2008, 12:37 PM
jatnut,

Don't forget to post your Redondo experience in the Redondo thread. You got an MP from TW, I suppose?

jatnut
03-12-2008, 01:03 PM
It is supposed to be a mid in 4 5/8.

anirut
03-12-2008, 01:08 PM
A mid? You're lucky!

But 4 5/8 ... man, you've got BIG hands.

Bud
03-12-2008, 03:48 PM
A mid? You're lucky!

But 4 5/8 ... man, you've got BIG hands.

What the hey is a 'Super Redondo'?

Is the 'Super Duper Redondo' next? :)

jatnut
03-12-2008, 05:31 PM
c'mon its just 1/8 more than a 1/2:wink:

gocard
03-12-2008, 09:47 PM
jatnut, I'm looking forward to your review on your mid Redondo!

I tried mine out today (also have a 98 sq in version) and it requires some adjusting to get used to it. I didn't try serving, just groundstrokes, volleys etc. Forehands were very good, very solid, but I will need to get in a better habit of preparing early and proper footwork to really get a strong backhand (one handed).

Slices were absolutely WONDERFUL! I had some of the lowest slices that barely skimmed the net - it was beautiful to watch haha :) If only I could do that more consistently! At one point I hit a crosscourt forehand when I was pulled out wide, and then somehow managed to hit a nice backhand volley winner that just dropped over the net. Very cool, especially since I've never done that before.

But anyway, the mid is a fun stick that will still take some adjusting for me. I still can't decide whether I like the 93 or the 98 better though! I may just like both of them equally much :)

Passion4Tennis
03-12-2008, 10:24 PM
I've played with a few midsized racquets over the last 15 years that I've really loved: PC 600, I prestige, and the Volkl Tour 10 V. The comfort, feel, and control that I got from them was amazing. I know that TW still sells the Tour 10 V mid, but they don't stock the bumper guard/grommets for them, and neither does anyone else.

From everything that I've read about the Redondo mid, it seems like it would be a perfect fit for my game. It's too bad that I can't demo one from TW. Hopefully, they will get some mids in stock shortly. I'd love to try one out.