PDA

View Full Version : Help! Stringing pattern needed!

itsstephenyo
03-06-2008, 11:13 AM
A friend of mine gave me his racquet to string. It's a Prince Tour DB. I can't find anything about stringing patterns and can't figure out where the skips are. One of the grommets at the head (which is the only grommet actually visible) has two separate holes for a single grommet.

Please help!

YULitle
03-06-2008, 11:17 AM
That particular grommet is a main AND a cross. (if I understood you correctly.

itsstephenyo
03-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Yea, that's what I figured. The one grommet has two holes, an upper and lower. I figured they're both mains and crosses.

I still can't figure out where the skips are.

sruckauf
03-06-2008, 11:44 AM
mid or OS?

I strung an OS the other day.. nasty setup with the shared holes and such.

I couldn't find the racquet pattern either, but a search led me to find out the TOUR NXGRAPHITE OS has the same pattern as the one you are looking for, if it's the one I'm thinking of. (white racquet mostly..)

http://www.princetennis.com/tennis/files/product.aspx?cid=193&ProductId=1040

Hope that helps.

itsstephenyo
03-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the help, guys. Unfortunately, I gave up. I figured out the skips, because the Prince More Control DB 850 had the same string pattern, and it looked just about the same. So I cut the strings... And then ALL the grommets in the throat area are completely closed shut. I can't get any bit of string past the hole. Absolutely nothing.

abenguyen
03-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the help, guys. Unfortunately, I gave up. I figured out the skips, because the Prince More Control DB 850 had the same string pattern, and it looked just about the same. So I cut the strings... And then ALL the grommets in the throat area are completely closed shut. I can't get any bit of string past the hole. Absolutely nothing.

how did they close shut now? well for future reference when you are stringing any other racquets you can go here

http://www.klipperusa.com/stringing/manufacturers.php

and that should tell you almost any racquet really that you are looking for

itsstephenyo
03-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Yea, I always go to klipperusa.com.

I have no idea how they closed. All I know is that they are. I can't get ANYTHING through there. Not the tiniest piece of anything I can find.

itsstephenyo
03-06-2008, 05:07 PM
I GOT IT!!!

Stupid grommets at the throat. Between the frame and the actual outside of the grommet, Prince, in their infinite wisdom, decided to stick in a small piece of plastic with holes. I suppose it's for dampening purposes. The stupid thing moves around so much and blocked all the holes in the grommet. I had to fight it back into its correct spot and was finally able to string it. It still gave me a crapload of trouble even with it being in position.

SteveI
03-06-2008, 05:16 PM
I GOT IT!!!

Stupid grommets at the throat. Between the frame and the actual outside of the grommet, Prince, in their infinite wisdom, decided to stick in a small piece of plastic with holes. I suppose it's for dampening purposes. The stupid thing moves around so much and blocked all the holes in the grommet. I had to fight it back into its correct spot and was finally able to string it. It still gave me a crapload of trouble even with it being in position.

Hi,

That is the "DB" part. It was put there to reduce vibrations and yes it can be a pain to get string thur those 8 wholes. If you are using a stiff poly no problem. If you are using a soft multi.... loads of fun.

Good luck.
Steve

itsstephenyo
03-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Haha, actually I was stringing up Cyberflash. The final "DB" grommet wouldn't align correctly. I must've spent 10 minutes on one string. Argh! Either way, though. I got it done.