PDA

View Full Version : Red X-1 Biphase

tennisinoc
03-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Only after a few sets, my Red X-1 Biphase is fraying badly.
I notice that the Red color is from a plastic coating that surrounds the multifibers. But the plastic coating peels off and exposes the multifibers that are white in color. This is much different than the natural color Biphase.
Anyone have this same experience with their Red Biphase?

robkat
03-07-2008, 10:28 AM
I just bought a few sets of X-1 in Red. I'll post when i string it and play.

AR15
03-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Mine is doing it too, but not badly. I have it in my crosses with Kirshbaum red in the mains. I kind of like the idea that I can visually see the wear and can better predict when it will break.

Babb
03-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Don't know about your color question, but X1 is the worst string I've ever hit with when it comes to durability. After a week, it looks like I've killed an animal with it (and that's only in the crosses!).

Side note-- the red kind of looks more pink after you've hit with it for any length of time. I don't care, but some do...

samtheman981
03-08-2008, 12:19 PM
i agree it was fraying horribly after only 2 hrs

Fedace
03-08-2008, 12:26 PM
i agree it was fraying horribly after only 2 hrs

I do NOT mind the Fraying but when it does it will start to go DEAD and lose feel ,, that was main problem with this string. then I tried the Yonex tour 850 PRO and i found out it blows away X-1 biphase. Yonex was superior in Every Category with one exception, X-1 biphase held tension little bit better, and that is not saying much