PDA

View Full Version : Wilson's grip size

Kare
03-06-2008, 11:56 PM
I felt that Wilson's rackets with leather grip is really a little bit smaller than racket with synthetic grip on the same size or it's just my feeling.
Can anyone compare them and compare with other brands?
I used to play with 4 3/8 with non over grip.
Now I'm using N90 grip size 4 1/4 with Yonex Super Grap.I think it would be 4 3/8 with and overgrip but it's not. I felt that smaller grip size twisted more when volleying blocking and hard hitting.
I'm about to buy K90 and just wanna make sure that I should increase a grip size to 4 3/8 or not.
I would really appreciate if anyone has any suggestion.

Thank you very much for answering my question

Eros
03-07-2008, 01:48 AM
I felt that Wilson's rackets with leather grip is really a little bit smaller than racket with synthetic grip on the same size or it's just my feeling.
Can anyone compare them and compare with other brands?
I used to play with 4 3/8 with non over grip.
Now I'm using N90 grip size 4 1/4 with Yonex Super Grap.I think it would be 4 3/8 with and overgrip but it's not. I felt that smaller grip size twisted more when volleying blocking and hard hitting.
I'm about to buy K90 and just wanna make sure that I should increase a grip size to 4 3/8 or not.
I would really appreciate if anyone has any suggestion.

Thank you very much for answering my question

I can't compare the size, but it's absolutely true that wilson is little smaller th์an others

bye

origmarm
03-07-2008, 02:03 AM
Personally I have always felt that Wilson grips run slightly larger than Head or Yonex, that said I think it's because of the shape (more rounded than some) that they feel that way. I find that Prince and Wilson tend to run similar. Dunlop slightly smaller than Wilson.

A leather will almost always feel smaller than a synthetic as they are generally not as thick/cushioned. That's generally my experience on that front. Perhaps this is what you are finding also with the Wilsons. I also feel that earlier Wilsons ran bigger than today, you shouldn't notice much difference between an N and a K though.

A word of advice, if in doubt, run small. You can always increase a grip size relatively easily (overgips, heat shrink wraps, stuff under the grip...), it is very difficult to make a grip smaller.