PDA

View Full Version : Transition from PC600 to TF 335?

BulletDodger
03-07-2008, 01:56 AM
I was wanting to hear input from those of you that have made this transition or who have played with both? Me personally I have not played with the TF 335 18X20, but having played with the pc600 for a while I was looking for something a lil bit bigger in headsize and more headlight. I then stumbled across the TF 335.

So some input as to whether this transition could be a smooth one, should I look elsewhere, or how these racquets are alike/dislike would be greatly appreciated.

BulletDodger
03-10-2008, 01:42 AM
wow guys...thx for all this helpful feedback. I really appreciate it. Seriously anyone have a comment on this?

BulletDodger
03-10-2008, 09:03 AM
anyone...anyone???

Klatu Verata Necktie
03-10-2008, 09:15 AM
It appears that noone on the board has trasitioned from the PC600 to the T-Fight 335.

I haven't played with the 335, but I did play with the PC600 for some time. The 335 has been said to play a bit like a stiffer PT630, so if you have some experience with that frame, you may want to use that as a starting point to comparison.

Keep in mind that the PC600 is a relatively flexible frame. The 335 will likely feel stiffer. Whether or not you find a stiffer frame appealing is purely subjective.

nickb
03-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Those rackets are very different...why not look at the microgel prestige MP>

iplaybetter
03-10-2008, 10:52 AM
i love the 335 i even have one for sale in the clasified section, havent used to the head tho

saram
03-10-2008, 11:02 AM
I have hit with an iPrestige before and now hit with tfight320 16x20's. Not sure if that is a good enough comparison for you, though.

voodoo
03-11-2008, 12:26 AM
I've been playing with PC600 for around 12 years, 4.5 - 5, mostly doubles now that I'm over 40 (just). I hit flat to moderate spin on both sides, 1 hand backhand and love to chip and charge and volley. My game requires feel/control for net approaches and volleys. Old style game.

I was after a racquet to give me a bit more power and forgiveness from the baseline as I was encountering some serious basline cruchers lately. I did what I thought I would never do and bought on spec without demoing.

The T335 was chosen as it sounded what I was after; a control stick with bigger head yet not too stiff (63) and powerful. It also had good reviews.

Unfortunately, its not the stick for my game.

My groundstrokes were defintely more powerful, with more spin yet less control if rushed. I hit shots I never dreamed of before which was a real buzz. 1st serve was good although not as accurate and powerful as my prestige. 2nd serve was slighly better as more spin available. It was the volleys where things went wrong. Anything hit hard and low in particular was very difficult to control, especially if I wanted angles or specific placement. To top it off, I tried full poly, full synthetic and poly hybrid and had best results with latest setup yet got arm soreness for first time ever in 35 years of tennis. Synthetic was way too powerful for me and made me think the stiffness of 63 seemed too low although I've been told my 2 prestiges would be pretty flexy from use all these years, not to mention the crack I just found in 1 of them.

I'm going to keep it and try to see if I can eventually adapt my volleys to them so we will see.

I think it can be misleading to ask others what they would reccommend as far as racquets go as we all have our differences. The T335 might be great for you if you have a baseline game built around topspin.

I'm looking for new PC600s or may even try the PT630 or I may even demo the AG200. Whatever I pick, it must suit my volley/control game.Good luck with your search.

suppawat
03-11-2008, 05:37 AM
I tried both of them and found that PC600 is a better choice for me. I just can't give up the raw feel and stability from PC600.

Just last week, I decided to sell 4racquets including TFight 335 and bought another used PC600.

BulletDodger
03-12-2008, 03:39 AM
I've been playing with PC600 for around 12 years, 4.5 - 5, mostly doubles now that I'm over 40 (just). I hit flat to moderate spin on both sides, 1 hand backhand and love to chip and charge and volley. My game requires feel/control for net approaches and volleys. Old style game.

I was after a racquet to give me a bit more power and forgiveness from the baseline as I was encountering some serious basline cruchers lately. I did what I thought I would never do and bought on spec without demoing.

The T335 was chosen as it sounded what I was after; a control stick with bigger head yet not too stiff (63) and powerful. It also had good reviews.

Unfortunately, its not the stick for my game.

My groundstrokes were defintely more powerful, with more spin yet less control if rushed. I hit shots I never dreamed of before which was a real buzz. 1st serve was good although not as accurate and powerful as my prestige. 2nd serve was slighly better as more spin available. It was the volleys where things went wrong. Anything hit hard and low in particular was very difficult to control, especially if I wanted angles or specific placement. To top it off, I tried full poly, full synthetic and poly hybrid and had best results with latest setup yet got arm soreness for first time ever in 35 years of tennis. Synthetic was way too powerful for me and made me think the stiffness of 63 seemed too low although I've been told my 2 prestiges would be pretty flexy from use all these years, not to mention the crack I just found in 1 of them.

I'm going to keep it and try to see if I can eventually adapt my volleys to them so we will see.

I think it can be misleading to ask others what they would reccommend as far as racquets go as we all have our differences. The T335 might be great for you if you have a baseline game built around topspin.

I'm looking for new PC600s or may even try the PT630 or I may even demo the AG200. Whatever I pick, it must suit my volley/control game.Good luck with your search.

Hey I appreciate all of the feedback from everyone. And I find it funny that you said you bought the TF 335 on specs alone w/o demoing because I came so close to doing the exact same thing but pulled out at the last minute. So I think im gonna have to fork over the dough and demo it even though I dont want to really because im in alabama so its $20 a racquet but whatever.

voodoo
04-21-2008, 03:37 AM
Curious to know if you ever demoed the T335.I'm still switching between the 2 racquets. BTW, the T335 has specs of 63 on the TW wbsite, yet has 66 on the racquet which I think is a truer reflection on how it plays.

04-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Those rackets are very different...why not look at the microgel prestige MP>

Nick have you tried it? It looks very nice:) Just if it wasnt an 18x20 i would be tempted, I use 18x19 and i wouldnt want to get any denser than that. I like my kick serves:) and want them to get better not worse:)

iTxMe
04-21-2008, 10:17 AM
do the switch and sell me your pc600! LOL