PDA

View Full Version : Non-Woofer Babolats?

Casco
03-07-2008, 05:22 AM
Can Babolat racquets be ordered with regaular, non-Woffer grommets? If not, are non-woofer grommets available to replace the Woffer grommets?

jorel
03-07-2008, 05:46 AM
Can Babolat racquets be ordered with regaular, non-Woffer grommets? If not, are non-woofer grommets available to replace the Woffer grommets?

its been discussed before, but only pros can request nonwoofer grommets. and the grommets are a bizatch to replace... there like cut at a wierd angle and no.... the WIlson surge racquet grommet will not fit the Bab... even tho the surge is basically a carbon copy of the PD without the woofer (maybe look into that )

Casco
03-07-2008, 06:06 AM
So I take it that most non-professionals who like babolats and play with them, use them with Woofer even though so many people complain about Woofer causing too much of a trampoline effect.

jorel
03-07-2008, 06:34 AM
So I take it that most non-professionals who like babolats and play with them, use them with Woofer even though so many people complain about Woofer causing too much of a trampoline effect.

yes.........and even some pros use the woofer... i took a look at justin Gimblestob and Laura Granville's raqcuets and they use woofer

string it tight and you wont notice the woofer tech

Casco
03-07-2008, 07:32 AM
Thanks, Jorel!

niktub
03-05-2011, 01:18 AM
which grommet sets could be used to replace old non-woofer grommets on a first generation pure drive?
Thanks.

MethodTennis
03-05-2011, 01:58 AM
which grommet sets could be used to replace old non-woofer grommets on a first generation pure drive?
Thanks.

none. you have to get the old ones

LPShanet
03-07-2011, 01:59 AM

Yes, and the largest number of the pros who use Babolat are using Woofers as well. It's just a few holdouts who don't want to switch frames that still have the non-Woofer versions. And to be honest, it's not because of the Woofers themselves but because they don't want to switch frames in the first place. Any change is a bad change for many top level players. If Roddick and Nadal can keep the ball in the court with Woofers, so can mere mortals.