PDA

View Full Version : sorry to bring this up, do lm prestige cap grommets fit lm radical???

mattyc
03-07-2008, 07:04 AM
Sorry,

I ordered 3 sets of the european i.prestige grommets and the lady sent me 1 set of them and 2 lm prestige sets. I just installed the one i.prestige set that i got and it fits like a glove. She claims her supplier said that the lm prestige caps fit as well, is this bull shiit???/

Hankenstein
03-07-2008, 07:09 AM
Fits like a glove! Use a heat-gun and your all set!

Bud
03-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Sorry,

I ordered 3 sets of the european i.prestige grommets and the lady sent me 1 set of them and 2 lm prestige sets. I just installed the one i.prestige set that i got and it fits like a glove. She claims her supplier said that the lm prestige caps fit as well, is this bull shiit???/

You got the iPrestige CAPs to fit without fighting tooth and nail with them? I've tried putting LM Prestige CAPs on a LM Radical and it's a tough task.

I have a set of mid+ iPrestige CAPs I may try.

mattyc
03-07-2008, 04:52 PM
it took me 4 mins to do the whole lot,

i just bout the ones that someone recommended, the tapered cap grommets from the eu version of the i.prestige xl.

not one hitch at all, just make sure you start at the top an work your way down to the throat. i used a thin screwdriver to guid the grommets into their holes.

i don't get why people find it so hard, the trick is (for me anyway) you line up every single one so they are not fully in but all resting in their respective holes, then u just work ur way down and they all snap in.

if you try and do 1 at a time it will take forever.

Bud
03-07-2008, 05:05 PM
it took me 4 mins to do the whole lot,

i just bout the ones that someone recommended, the tapered cap grommets from the eu version of the i.prestige xl.

not one hitch at all, just make sure you start at the top an work your way down to the throat. i used a thin screwdriver to guid the grommets into their holes.

i don't get why people find it so hard, the trick is (for me anyway) you line up every single one so they are not fully in but all resting in their respective holes, then u just work ur way down and they all snap in.

if you try and do 1 at a time it will take forever.

Are the EU version of the iPrestige CAPs different from the US version? Do they have a part number on them?

Also, are the iPrestige XL CAP grommets identical, too?

Mansewerz
03-07-2008, 06:15 PM
wat are CAPs?

meowmix
03-07-2008, 07:57 PM
wat are CAPs?

Computer assisted protection (something like that). Essentially, it's an extended head guard that covers the majority of the sides of the racket.

nickb
03-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Are the EU version of the iPrestige CAPs different from the US version? Do they have a part number on them?

Also, are the iPrestige XL CAP grommets identical, too?

The EU IPrestige XL MP grommets fit 100% perfectly...

Nick

mattyc
03-08-2008, 09:03 AM
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/1136/08032008060dl7.jpgthis is what it looks like:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/1136/08032008060dl7.jpg

Bud
03-08-2008, 04:31 PM
The EU IPrestige XL MP grommets fit 100% perfectly...

Nick

Where is the best place to buy the EU iPrestige XL MP CAPs?

vsbabolat
03-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Where is the best place to buy the EU iPrestige XL MP CAPs?

I all you need is i.Prestige MP C.A.P. Grommets. On the package it also list that the grommet is also for the i.Prestige MP XL that came with C.A.P. Grommets in E.U. The confusion started because in the U.S. the i.Prestige MP XL came with traditional Grommets. TW lists the grommets as i.Prestige MP XL grommets (traditional Grommets) and i.Prestige MP Grommets (C.A.P. System).

Bud
03-08-2008, 07:34 PM
I all you need is i.Prestige MP C.A.P. Grommets. On the package it also list that the grommet is also for the i.Prestige MP XL that came with C.A.P. Grommets in E.U. The confusion started because in the U.S. the i.Prestige MP XL came with traditional Grommets. TW lists the grommets as i.Prestige MP XL grommets (traditional Grommets) and i.Prestige MP Grommets (C.A.P. System).

MMMMMkay. Then, I'll try a set of Mid+ iPrestige CAPs in a Radical 98 and see how it pans out :)

mattyc
03-09-2008, 03:25 AM
head no longer make the i.prestige xl eu caps that i have on mine.

from now on they are only producing lm prestige caps and the ones to fit new models.

Bud
03-09-2008, 09:09 PM
head no longer make the i.prestige xl eu caps that i have on mine.

from now on they are only producing lm prestige caps and the ones to fit new models.

Do the CAPs for the Microgels fit on the LM Radical?

BTW, I had a set of the EU XL CAP grommets lying around and put them on a Radical. They didn't quite snap in but they did finally go in after fighting tooth and nail with them :evil:

Deuce
03-10-2008, 01:41 AM
Grommets are best installed by using an awl to help guide them into the holes.

All Head 97/98 sq. in. 18x20 frames from the past 15 years or so have essentially the same mold. The only difference is the cross-section width, which can be up to 2mm different. So the grommets/bumpers are all interchangeable.
If any of you find that some of the grommets come up a bit short (especially in the throat 5 and 7 o'clock area), just get some tubing (about $5 for enough to last several years), and you'll be set.